Warzone 2100 is a 3D realtime strategy game on a future Earth.
Upon entering the game you land from your transport and establish your base.
Here you conduct research, design and manufacture vehicles, build new structures
and prepare your plans of global conquest. If the game goes badly you'll end up
fighting last ditch battles here to defend your base from enemy attacks.
Combat is frenetic, with extensive graphical effects and buildings giving rise
to flying shrapnel and boulders. Within the game are many different structures
and vehicles. From an initial Command Center, you then go on to build Resource
Extractors to provide fuel for Power Generators, which in turn supply energy to
Factories, Research Facilities and weapons emplacements to protect your base.
* 400+ Technologies to research
* 2,000+ different units to design
* 3 Large campaign maps to conquer
* 24 Fast play mission maps for extra action
* Intelligence Display sets objectives dynamically
* Interactive message system
* Fast Play Interface graphically Based
* Quick Screen Navigation
* Fast Find System for units & structures
* Set Factories to constant production
* Automatically send each factory's units to where you want them
* Cross-Platform internet/intranet multiplayer with up to 8 players
* Challenging Computer-AI
2008-09-28: Version 2.1_beta5
* Change: Reordered main menus. Skirmish is now under Single Player.
* Fix: Various source compilation fixes.
* Fix: Researching Gas Turbine Generator no longer reduces the output of
power generators (bug #12262)
* New: New Team War (NTW) by Delphino added
* Multiplayer (non-skirmish only):
* New: Added visual feedback for when there are no games available in the
* Fix: Smoking healthy droids gone.
* Fix: Cyborg transports should now unload correctly. (bug #12116)
* Fix: The OS X build system now works properly on both Tiger and Leopard.
* New: Bison is no longer an external dependency when building on OS X as it
is automatically downloaded if the system version of Bison is incompatible with
the build system.
* Pathfinding and savegames:
* Change: We now use zones for path-finding again. This means savegames from
beta4 are no longer useable. Your beta4 savegames can be used with 2.2,