The 1.03 patch for Armed Assault 2.
VERSION 1.03 HIGHLIGHTS
* Major AI tweaking and balancing (especially AI infantry can hear much less)
* Improved multiplayer and cooperative campaign (saving games, connection
* Numerous fixes and improvements in the Harvest Red campaign
* New: Functions getPosATL and setPosATL to allow controlling position relative
* New: command line option -showScriptErrors introduced to show errors in
* New: Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.
* New: More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)
* New: Mission name (with * indicated unsaved work) displayed in the mission
* New: Keyboard shortcuts in the mission editor
* Improved: better handling of gravitation for shots (esp. for grenades)
* Improved: Building destruction
* Improved: Better airplane HUD visibility both night and day
* Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders.
* Hotfix: Players are forced to reconnect after MP Load on server.
* Fixed: no particles effect when hit object with destructNo
* Fixed: grenade could destroy a building just by impact
* Fixed: grenades may explode only on the final impact
* Fixed: when a grenade bounces on a ship deck, the proper particle effects is
* Fixed: missiles should pass through vegetation
* Fixed: Player connected to loaded game was sometimes frozen.
* Fixed: Game crashed when launched on a system with more then 8 CPUs/cores.
* Fixed: Possible crash with laser designator active.
* Fixed: Sometimes crew of a close vehicle was visible through the vehicle.
* Fixed: Infinite looping of commands 'Stop' in radio.
* Fixed: Leaning 'limits' do not work in TrackIR.
* Fixed: Clients were often endlessly stuck in 'Receiving...' window after MP
* Fixed: Rainbow could be visible even with sun below horizon.
* Fixed: 3D Editor - civilian and resistance units did not work correctly
* Fixed: Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.
* Fixed: Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.
* Fixed: Grenade could sometimes destroy a building just by impact
* Fixed: Radio messages sometimes echoed
* Fixed: Team switch did not work when player died
* Fixed: Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.
* Fixed: Prevent killed AI units reporting who killed them.
* Fixed: After respawn in MP, player's tasks, diary content and skills are
transferred to the new entity
* Fixed: Leaning 'limits' did not work with TrackIR
* Fixed: MP client frozen in Receiving... screen sometimes
* Fixed: Problems with saving and loading games in cooperative campaign
* Fixes and improvements in most of the campaign missions (Into the Storm,
Harvest Red, Bitter Chill, Manhattan, Badlands, Dogs of War)
* Improved: autosave logic to not save when it was not safe
* Improved: Eye for an Eye in Scenarios
* Fixed: Warfare fast travel on clients was not using logistic values
* Fixed: Warfare money sending
* Fixed: Warfare HQ multiple reports
* Fixed: First-Aid: Action module caused healing scripts to run twice
* Fixed: Supply drop not ending (wrong vehicle class)
* New: First-Aid modules work with respawn
* New: First-Aid ability to stop healing
* New: Added ability to add Support Requests that do not expire.
* Improved: First-Aid modules more robust and faster
* Improved: Better support for side Resistance in SOM / ACM.
* Fixed: Invisible driver in UAZ (MG and GL)
* Fixed: AI soldiers were able to hear extremely well
* Fixed: various minor problems on buildings
* Fixed: rocks destruction effect changed
* Fixed: penetrability of some vegetation
* Fixed: collision geometry of A_BuildingWIP
* Fixed: react FSM core conversations
* Fixed: cargo animations in LAV25
* Fixed: indicators in Ka52 when using NVG
* Fixed: cargo animations in BTR
* Fixed: Warfare keypoint on Chernarus
VERSION 1.02 HIGHLIGHTS
* Improved AI driving skills
* Lowered enemy AI skills for regular and recruit difficulty levels
* Improved Micro AI tactics, attack in pairs, path limiting to avoid passing
* Fixed multiplayer session NAT negotiation
* Improved game stability (various crash opportunities fixed)
* Multiple save slots supported
* Improved terrain shape beyond map borders
* Various campaign and localization fixes and improvements
* Modules (F7) support added in the Mission Editor
* Multiple savegame positions allowed.
* Configuration fixes in radio protocol (including faster reaction to
crew-related orders in vehicles).
* Multiplayer server browser enlarged.
* Improved steering for car.
* Improved mobile artillery simulation.
* Improved terrain shape beyond map borders.
* Improved Micro AI tactics, attack in pairs, path limiting to avoid passing
* Added UAV camera stabilization.
* Indication of player connection status in list of players (Diary).
* Possible to connect to server with template-based MP scenario.
* Repeated weapon change command fixed in radio protocol.
* Game no longer crashes when copying the linked trigger in the Mission
* Different radio notification of multiple units attacking.
* NAT negotiation issue removed (different negative sign cookie on client and
* Fixed possible crash after or during Get In in multiplayer.
* Improved transfer of building destruction in multiplayer.
* Fine surface information are now properly used for surface properties.
* Destroyed targets are no more massively reported after player has left the
* Proper update of AI pathfinding when new building is created in the landscape
(new objects were ignored).
* VON no longer crashes the game on certain circumstances.
* AI sprinting on a spot removed if route was planned across the roof.
* Server shown as passworded in Server Browser when passworded or locked.
* Improved functionality of Get In command if player is vehicle commander.
* Swimming soldiers no longer drop inventory items.
* Swimming players cannot use Gear dialog.
* New scripting function "GetPlayerId unit" available to help server admins
better recognize teamKillers etc.
* Fillrate optimization in Video Options is now defined via combo box.
* Improved light count optimization (should help performance when many distant
lights are present).
* Low-frequency effect (subwoofer) improved.
* Added or fixed markers in pre-mission briefings in various scenarios.
* "Eye for Eye" singleplayer scenario: Hostiles balanced and loadouts of
playable units fixed.
* "Counterattack" singleplayer scenario: Flow fix, player's group now properly
advance from the harbor if strong enough to continue.
* "Trial by Fire" script error fixed.
* Campaign: Time flow screen added to scenario intros.
* Campaign: "Murder" mission ends are now triggered also when firing from a
* Campaign: Multiplayer info for all campaign scenarios added.
* Campaign: Scene-specific sound entities are deleted after end of a scene.
* "First to Fight" campaign scenario:
* Shooting range bug fixed.
* Officer's speech has titles added.
* "First to Fight" campaign scenario: O'Hara animation speed fixed.
* "Into the Storm" campaign scenario: Conditions of interaction with civilians
* "Razor Two" campaign scenario:
* Mission-failed end now performs correctly.
* Razor members cannot use UAV during conversations.
* "One Week Later" campaign interlude: Conversation more logical.
* "Manhattan" campaign scenario:
* Animations of ambient people improved.
* Taks waypoint for main task positioned better.
* Insurgent animations after death disabled in scene.
* Civilian woman stuck near transport prevented.
* Reinforcements navigation fixed.
* "Bitter Chill" campaign scenario:
* Conversations and broken mission flow fixed.
* Accidental death of Cpt. Shaftoe after a scene prevented.
* Improved positions of several killed unit.
* Radio chatter disabled where disturbing.
* "Badlands" campaign scenario:
* Ending and conversation flow fixes.
* Scene of talking to locals improved.
* "Dogs of War" campaign scenario:
* Insurgent leader presence now logical.
* Several story-related vehicles are now properly usable.
* Initial conversation work in multiplayer.
* "War That Never Was" campaign outro: Amount of units decreased, behavior
* AI grouping prevented in team deathmatch and deathmatch scenarios.
* Module for limiting area of operation script fixes.
* Recomposed fortifications and minor fixes in Warfare.
* First-aid module performance improvements.
* Language and gameplay fixes in multiplayer and singleplayer templates.
* Changed lighting values for early morning and dusk.
* Improved wheeled vehicles turning definitions.
* Utes: Improved carrier deck collision shape and F-35B geometry.
* Gas stations on map can now refuel nearby vehicles.
* Minor object fixes on Chernarus map (traffic signs tweaks, small objects).
* Added small signs to Chernarus map.
* Less frequent occurrence of thunderbolts.