The official demo for The Battle for Middle-earth II has gone live world-wide today and is now available for download right here on our official site.
Immerse yourself in the Middle-earth you've never seen with The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II single player demo. Play as one of two new races and explore two brand-new maps that drop you deep within the War of the North.
What's in the Single-player downloadable demo?
- Play a beginner or advanced Tutorial as the Men of the West
- Play as either the Dwarves or Goblins against a computer AI whose difficulty you control. (Mirror matches - Goblins vs Goblins or Dwarves vs Dwarves - are also available)easy, medium, hard, and brutal settings)
- Features two maps: Withered Heath and Harlindon
Withered Heath is a wide open snowy map that will pit you in the middle of many epic battles. Beware, it also has surrounding mountains and caverns, perfect for strategic sneak attacks.
The map Harlindon is half filled with a beautiful sprawling ocean meant to utilize our new naval combat, you can also use this to your advantage to launch attacks from the sea to land.
- 1.3 GB in size
- Includes the same factions featured in the current online multiplayer beta test, however, this demo is updated with any and all changes made since the beta test was released last December.
- Full stat sheets included for post battle review
- NOTE: Although the single player demo includes the same content as the current online multiplayer beta test, the single player downloadable demo is updated with all updates made since the beta test was released last December.