OpenArena is an open-source content package for Quake III Arena licensed under the GPL, effectively creating a free stand-alone game. You do not need Quake III Arena to play this game.
- Two new female player characters: Kyonshi and Major
- Three new maps: Capture the Space (CTF), Khaooohs (DM), Aggressor (DM), House of Cheeseathon (DM)
- Alot of polish, in the weapon sounds, weapon skins, weapon effects, gargoyle has wings and new skins, wake effects, etc.
- Engine updated to ioq3 revision 982, compiled with Ogg Vorbis support.
- Now uses its own base folder called "baseoa" and Application Data folder for storing settings, screenshots and automatic downloads.
- Working bots.