World War 3 is a fully 3D RTS with all features that characterize this genre. The game has been developed based on a 3D environment, so that the player can set the camera parallel to any plane and freely zoom in and out. All game objects are 3D, as well as the terrain itself. The units also posse unique, dynamic physical properties. For example, vehicles move faster on hard soil than they would in sand. There are three parties in the game: the USA, Russia and Iraq. Whichever is chosen, each allows the player to select two campaigns, consisting of 5 missions on average. Each campaign begins and ends with a rendered film scene.
World War III: Black Gold takes the player to an unknown future. The political crisis goes on for months, and a wave of demonstrations has broken out around the world. A secret conference of the Central Geological UN Commission reveals that worldwide oil stocks have plummeted to dangerously low levels, oil reserves will run out within 8-10 years. As this proves too short for even the most highly industrialized countries to switch their economies over to alternative energy sources, protests close the world and succumbs the whole world economy. The leading forces have declared WW III...
- Full 3-dimensional terrain
- Day and night cycles and weather conditions affect the game and its strategy
- Vehicles and weapons up to date
- Units gain battle experience during the fight
- Kamikaze units
- Technology Tree" (allows research of new weapons)
- Tunnel Systems (underground trench system)
- Ability to modify the 3D terrain (Flatten the terrain, create bulwarks or dig ditches)
- Build bridges
- Defense systems (missile defense, decoys and anti-chemical filters)
- Camouflage and jamming systems (Stealth Units,...)
- Electronic Battle System (eavesdrop on enemy communications, computerizing firing control,…)