BSnes is a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and Game Boy Color emulator, that began development on 2004-10-14. It focuses on accuracy and clean code above all else. It never uses speed or compatibilty hacks. As a result, the minimum system requirements are greater than with other emulators.
A new release for the new year.
• fixed auto joypad polling edge case; fixes Ys 5 controls
• fixed Justifier polling code; Lethal Enforcers should be fully responsive once again
• rewrote SNES S-SMP processor core (~20% code reduction)
• fixed Game Boy 8x16 sprite mode; fixed some sprites in Zelda: Link's Awakening
• treat Game Boy HuC1 RAM enable flag as writable flag instead; fixes Pokemon Card GB
• created far faster XML parser; bsnes can now load XML files once again
• updated to mightymo's most recent cheat code database
• internal color calculations now performed at 30-bits per pixel
• gamma slider now acts as fine-tuned gamma ramp option
• Linux OpenGL driver will output at 30bpp on capable displays
• Linux port defaults to GTK+ now instead of Qt (both are still available)