It has been 2 years since the last stable release and today we bring you the newest stable release: 0.9.8!
There has been a massive amount of extensive changes to the emulator as a whole, so let's go over some of the biggest ones!
• New, threaded GUI using wxWidgets.
• New menus, for improved usability and faster configuration.
• Convenient Memory Card editor.
• On the fly pause and resume, perfectly stable, safe and fast.
• On the fly setting switching and even plugin switching.
• Powerful new configuration that is more user friendly with its first time wizard, reset to default buttons and a global presets system.
• A plethora of new options that make playing games more fun!
• All options have tooltips explaining what each of them do.
• Comes translated, with many languages to select from.
• Compatible with Aero Glass and Windows eye candy.
• Looks and works great on Linux, too!
• Entire emulation core has been overhauled. Many components are rewritten.
• Countless code generation and runtime execution bugs fixed.
• Added microVU, an improved VU0/VU1/COP2 recompiler.
• New VIF recompiler
• Multi-threaded GS rewrite: Faster and more stable than in 0.9.6.
• Better BIOS splash screen skip method, better ELF support, host fs support.
• New Game database detects the game you run, displays compatibility info, and auto applies special game fixes/patches if needed.
• GSdx is faster, more stable and has more configuration options than ever before.
• SPU2-X is the preferred SPU2 plugin now.
• It has matured into almost completely emulating all the SPU2 quirks, making many more games work!