- Rescaling : all human and mounted units have been scaled down, no more giant infantry against tank ! Of course, the relative scale is nothing close to realism, but it looks way better IMO. The sea and air units are respectivly better proportionned.
- Formation : most units are now multiple figure, and the number of figures is raised in all human and mounted units. Existing formations have been reworked to reflect the change in scale, and new (14) formations have been added.
- Diversity : 63 new unit models for diversity, no gameplay change. See newunits.xls or version history for details
- Important : delete previous version of the mod, else the VFS may cause bugs. Savegame compatibility is not assured, you should always finish your current game before updating.
- download the civ5mod file to your mod folder (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS).
- launch civ5, go to the mod browser and click "install mod"
- find the "R.E.D. Modpack" line and activate the mod.
- from the mod section, go to single player and set up a game
fix for fighter propeller and archer arrows position (optional) :
- copy the civ5artdefines_viseffects.xml file from "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. modpack\copy to common\" folder to the "..\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\resource\Common\" folder
Credits & thanx:
seZereth and Porges who've done the initial regiment mod for civ4
asioasioasio, bernie14, Coffee Junkie, danrell, nautil, Nuvoloblu, Oleg153, Rabbit White, snafusmith, Splinter13 for the units models and conversion
all the great peoples at Civfanatics for their tools, tutorials and help