2K Games and Starbreeze, creators of Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher's Bay, have released a new trailer for their upcoming FPS title, The Darkness. The game will be released at the end of this month for the XBox 360 with a PS3 version scheduled to launch soon thereafter, there has been no confirmation, so far, of a PC version.
On his 21st birthday, the awesome and terrible powers of the Darkness awaken within Jackie Estacado, a mafia hitman for the Franchetti crime family. With his new powers, Jackie is able to wreak terrifying havoc on his enemies. Jackie must learn to fully command the Darkness so he can take back control of the Franchetti family, which is ruled by his uncle Paulie, a despicable man who is almost universally despised.
- Based on the comic book "The Darkness", created by Top Cow.
- Game story written in collaboration with acclaimed comic-book author, Paul Jenkins.
- Experience extremely intense cinematic action in this gritty, first-person, action-adventure game with a horror twist: you are the horror!
- Varying manifestations of the Darkness allow you to devour, impale or implode your enemies.
- Cannibalize the corpses of your slain victims and transform them into Darklings - impish and hilarious demonites that commit unspeakable acts.
- The absence of light feeds and replenishes the Darkness so seek the shadows wherever possible.
- Fight your way through the dark and seedy underbelly of New York City as well as the ethereal realm of the Darkness.
- Play as Darklings in online multiplayer games and face other players in traditional multiplayer modes as well as all-new innovative game modes.
- Developed by the team behind the award winning, "The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay".