CDV has released 2 new trailers for its DarkStar One space combat title. The movies include in-game footage as well as a look at the ships and enironments from the game.
DarkStar One is an open-ended action/adventure title set in a huge universe populated by a variety of unique alien races. Players will take on the role of an intrepid young adventurer, Kayron Jarvis, as he explores space, upgrading and customizing his ship - the DarkStar One. The game's story, written by renowned German Fantasy and Science Fiction author Claudia Kern, will immerse players in a tale of action and intrigue as Kayron searches for answers surrounding the death of his father.
- Freedom of choice -- players can take a number of different paths and approaches to earn money and upgrades as they solve the mystery of the death of Kayron's father. One may play as trader, mercenary, smuggler, pirate or a combination thereof, customizing tactics to suit individual playing styles.
- A fully customizable and upgradeable ship - the DarkStar One. Players can create a fast attack boat, heavy cruiser or other combined style of ship from parts purchased or captured from enemies.
- More than 200 weapons, shields and equipment upgrades -- including rockets, torpedoes and mines, each featuring a special tactical or trade benefit.
- The "Spell Weapon" -- the player will have a special weapon at his disposal that will have an area of effect similar to spells in role-playing games. This weapon will become increasingly powerful and versatile throughout the game.
- A vast universe -- comprised of more than four hundred solar systems populated by six distinct races; alien races utilize unique equipment and weapons, which the player may capture or purchase and use to upgrade the DarkStar One.
- A huge variety of special missions - The action takes place in environments such as canyons, planetary surfaces and planetary interiors
- A powerful 3D graphics engine --- ships, aliens, effects and environments are rendered in lush detail.