ATI has released version 4.5 of its Catalyst driver suite for its Radeon range of products. We are also offering a link to the very highly regarded Omega version of these drivers, for those of you who wish for a tweaked gaming esperience.
Note: Omega Drivers are not supported by ATI and you should make sure you know what you are doing before using any of their features.
This version provides a solution to some well-known game issues with ATI cards including Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Homeworld 2 and IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles.
The full list of fixes includes the following:
- Playing the game Desert Rats vs. Afrika Korps with the game resolution set to 1600x1200 and the desktop display set to 1024x768 32bpp along with Anti-Aliasing set to 4x no longer results in flashing and or corrupt shadows
- The game Prince of Persia: Sands of Time no longer fails to play under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 9100 or 8500 series product installed
- Setting the graphics quality to anything higher than Fastest in the game Virtual Skipper 3 no longer results in the operating system failing to respond when the game menu loads
- Playing the game Nascar 2003 with the display resolution set to 1280x1024 32bpp no longer results in display corruption being seen
- Texture corruption is no longer seen when playing the game Second Life under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 9800 or 9700 series card installed
- Textures are no longer missing when moving the mouse around to change the camera angle in the game Joan of Arc.
- Intermittent display corruption noticed on the players image with in the game Madden NFL 2004 is now resolved
- Playing the game Homeworld 2 under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 9500 series, 9600 XT, or 9700 series no longer results in the game failing to respond when the shadow option within the game is selected
- Missing polygons on the satellite within the main menu is now resolved in the game Hegemonia.
- A performance decrease is no longer noticed when setting the game option to Perfect in the game IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles.
Driver issues resolved:
- Display corruption is no longer seen when applying rotation mode to a secondary monitor
Omega Driver What's New 2k/XP 2.5.44:
- Based on the Catalyst 4.5 drivers.
- Updated the Omega version of RadLinker (1009), now the Profiler include options to enable TAA modes and to establish the desired TAA Threshold for D3D apps.
- Added and removed a LOT of tweaks, ATI changed some internal settings and some old tweaks won't work anymore from now on.
- Fixed support for Mobility 9700.
- Fixed the Hibernation not working problem in laptops.
- Added support for the Following laptop wide screen resolutions: 800x480, 960x600, 1024x600, 1024x480, 1280x600, 1280x768, 1280x800, 1680x1050, 1920x1200
- Re-enabled a desktop wide resolution: 1280x768
- Added an EXCLUSIVE new Omega utility which adds the ability to SWAP between the soft-mod and the normal driver without the need to re-install the whole drivers. (Thanks to Chris W, Author of RadLinker)
- Removed Artifact Tester 5 from the package. (Sorry Alberto)
- Included the latest version of ATITool. (Thanks W1zzard)