BioWare, an Electronic Arts company, announced that the award-winning space epic Mass Effect will be released for the PC in May 2008.
Published by EA and re-designed for the PC, Mass Effect for the PC incorporates the following features:
- Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.
- Exclusive highly detailed textures, characters and environments.
- Fully customizable controls - PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.
- Run & Gun Control - Players can assign biotic powers or skills to 'hot keys' allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action.
- New decryption mini-game.
- New inventory screen GUI and functionality - The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.
"Mass Effect serves is a powerful example of video games as an art form, delivering new levels of emotional intensity, realistic characters and a gripping storyline - all set in a compelling new universe," said Ray Muzyka, General Manager, BioWare and Vice President, Electronic Arts.
Frank Gibeau, President of EA's Games Label added, "EA has struck an agreement with Microsoft to handle future publishing for Mass Effect. We are looking forward to releasing Mass Effect on the PC this Spring and brand new titles in the future."
Originally released for Xbox 360, Mass Effect has received critical acclaim throughout the world with more than 70 awards including Game of the Year, Console Game of the Year and Role-Playing Game of the Year.