NVIDIA has finally brought its next-generation NVIDIA Kepler graphics architecture to the top of the GeForce notebook GPU lineup, with the launch of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M.
”The GeForce GTX 680M is the fastest mobile GPU ever, but it's more than just a speed king,” said Rene Haas, vice president and general manager of the notebook business unit at NVIDIA. “It also offers an entire arsenal of next-gen gaming technology, along with Optimus technology for extended battery life.”
GeForce 600M Series GPUs are built for superior performance and power efficiency. Only GeForce GPUs offer:
• Adaptive V-sync - newly developed technology for a smoother gameplay experience
• Advanced AA modes - for crisper images, including NVIDIA FXAA and new TXAA
• NVIDIA Optimus™ technology - enabling extra-long battery life by automatically switching on the GPU only when it is needed
• NVIDIA PhysX® support - for accelerated in-game physics
• NVIDIA 3D Vision® 2 technology - for bigger, brighter, more comfortable 3D gaming
• NVIDIA 3DTV Play™ software - for connecting notebooks to 3DTVs for the most immersive gaming experience to be had in a living room
• High-performance NVIDIA Verde™ notebook drivers - offering day one game support and maximum compatibility
• NVIDIA SLI® technology - make the fastest notebook GPU even faster with up to double the gaming performance
• NVIDIA CUDA® technology support - for high-performance GPU computing applications
Separately, Alienware announced its M17x and M18x gaming laptops will be available with GeForce GTX 680M GPUs in the next couple of weeks.
The Alienware M17x will be available with a GeForce GTX 680M GPU and NVIDIA Optimus technology or NVIDIA 3D Vision technology. The Alienware M18x notebook will be available with GeForce GTX 680M GPUs in single or SLI configurations before the end of the month.
The GeForce GTX 680M GPU is also available in MSI GT70 notebooks and gaming notebooks from Clevo channel partners such as Ava Direct, Maingear and Origin.