Scheduled for release in Q2 2014, Meridian: New World is a solid-looking single-player, story-focused sci-fi strategy game developed Elder Games, a studio that consists of a single guy: Ede Tarsoly.
As you can see in the gallery, Meridian looks as gorgeous as any modern AAA RTS title. More importantly, Meridian promises to deliver the gameplay experience Command and Conquer 4 should’ve brought.
In Meridian: New World, you play as Daniel Hanson, commander of the first expedition to planet Meridian and uncover the dark secrets it holds. The game’s world is changed with every decision the player takes. And there is more than one way to win every battle. A player might choose develop a large economy and fund a massive army to take on his enemies by brute force and sheer number; or he might rely entirely on researching superior weapons or special abilities. The payer can even win all his battles by taking a covert approach and sabotaging his enemy’s supplies and resources.
The official feature list of Meridian: New World is as follows:
• Traditional RTS gameplay with a focus on strategy - the forceful approach rarely works
• Experience a world of choices where every decision has an impact on the world around you
• Use the right tool to get the job done: equip your units with 15 different weapons
• Gain XP during battle and upgrade your commander profile with special combat abilities
• Get to know the people on board your ship: by talking to them, you influence the crew's behavior
• The level editor and scripting tool used to build the campaign will be available upon release
• Never run out of maps with the in-game custom map downloader and official levels made available frequently after the game's release