Square Enix today announces that FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time will be released in Europe and across PAL territories on 27th March 2009, exclusively on both Nintendo DS and Wii systems.
Introducing the World's first cross-platform multiplayer adventure for the Nintendo DS & Wii systems! Set in the fun and friendly CRYSTAL CHRONICLES universe of the FINAL FANTASY series, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time delivers a unique and innovative experience where both Nintendo platforms come together in perfect harmony.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, "The release of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time shows Square Enix's continuous commitment to bringing innovative gaming experiences to European players. The colourful world of CRYSTAL CHRONICLES provides the ideal opportunity for all Wii and Nintendo DS owners to come together and enjoy this magical adventure with their friends."
A triumphant return from a monster-infested forest marks the completion of the 16-year-old hero's coming-of-age ceremony. However, the hero's joy is short-lived as a young village girl is found to be afflicted by a mysterious illness known as "crystal sickness." Determined to obtain the cure, the hero steps out of the secluded village for the first time, only to discover a world in which crystals are merely artifacts of the past and no longer exist…
• Wii and Nintendo DS players can share their adventure together through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and Wireless Communication.
• 2-4 player multi-play through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & Wireless Communication mode.
• Over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection: 4 players max (any mixture of Wii and Nintendo DS hardware).
• Wireless Communication: 4 players max (either up to 4 players on Nintendo DS hardware, or alternatively 1 Wii hosting up to three Nintendo DS players).
• Players can register their own phrases on top of many fixed phrases available for easy communication in multiplayer.
• Over 300 different items and costume combinations add to the fun. Changes to costume/equipment are directly visible on your character in the game.
• Trade with friends using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection functions.
• Play in four different languages - English, French, German and Spanish. The multiplayer mode can be played seamlessly even when each player selects a different language.