After 15 months in operation, Richard Garriot's Tabula Rasa will shut down on February 28, 2009.
"Tabula Rasa has some unique features that make it fun and very different from every other MMO out there," Tabula Rasa development team wrote on the game's official site. "Unfortunately, the fact is that the game hasn't performed as expected. The development team has worked hard to improve the game since launch, but the game never achieved the player population we hoped for."
Before the game's death, Tabula Rasa servers will be free to play starting on January 10, 2009.
As a farewell gift, all active Tabula Rasa players received:
• 3 free months of City of Heroes including digital client
• 3 free months of Lineage II including digital client
• Aion beta access (coming soon)
• Aion pre-order access (available in 2009)
• 1 free month of Aion including digital client (available in 2009)