DOOM 3 1.3
This patch will update your Macintosh copy of Doom 3 from version 1.1 to
To install this update, double click the Installer and follow the on-screen
instructions. You will be asked to locate the Doom 3 folder that is installed
on your hard disk.
- Using this update will reset your progress in whatever map you are currently
saved in. When loading a saved game, the player starts at the begining of that
map with their inventory intact.
- Using this update may reset the Nightmare skill setting. If you are playing
in Nightmare mode before applying this update, you may to re-enable it in the
console (g_nightmare 1). After enabling it in the console, the game must be
relaunched in order for nightmare mode to show up as a selectable option.
- This update implements a preview version of Open AL support that provides
full 5.1 surround sound. Use this feature ONLY with an Open AL compliant 5.1
sound card. To activate the OpenAL preview support, hold down the Command (?)
key as you launch the game, then check the box next to the "Use OpenAL" in the
Doom 3 Preferences dialog. You should also select "surround" sound from the
in-game options menu.
**Users may experience sound glitches or sound drops while using the preview
Open AL option.
1.3 Update Changes
- Punkbuster support
- server provides pk4 file download URLS ( http/ftp ), client has internal
- new class of pk4 files: 'addon paks' are only referenced when the map is
- pk4 downloads and addon paks come with a number of fixes to the 'pure server
mode' filesystem code
- fixed ragdoll bouncyness
- fix how D3 detects LAN client vs internet clients
- LZW compression of render demos
- fix command line parameter passing
1.3 Update Changes MAC Specific
- Preview OpenAL support ( 5.1 Sound + External sound cards )
- Keypad keys are correctly handled
- Fixed Creator Code
- French Keyboard Fix
- Fixed crash when restarting using custom mods
- Fixed crash with vid_restart
- Fixed crash on 10.4 when canceling the startup dialog