The latest patch for FEAR has been released.
* Fixed typo in description of HUD fade speed on Game Options screen.
* Fixed crash associated with patch not overwriting default.archcfg file.
* Fixed crash associated with aborting game load from the GameSpy lobby.
* Fixed issue with weapon perturb not being calculated correctly
when held at extreme vertical angles.
* CD Key is now hidden when entered in the Multiplayer Client options.
* Fixed Server crash associated with clients using bad strings.
* Fixed random client crash in listen server games with more than
* Fixed issue with F.E.A.R. background disappearing on "Find Servers"
* Fixed typo description of Defend Base Radius option on the CTF
Host Options menu.
* Fixed occasional client crash immediately after joining a remote server.
* Fixed client crash associated with stopping the GameSpy Server Browser.
* Removed restriction on presale content for normal customers.
* Users can now vote for map selection, next round, and next map.
* The Dedicated Server column of the server browser screen has been
removed. The Platform column now shows three different icons: hosted
servers, dedicated Win32 servers, and dedicated Linux servers.
* An additional graphic and sound will play when you are hit with a
* Option added to allow NavMarkers to fade out as they get farther from
the center of the screen. The key this is bound to can be set with the
"Toggle Markers" option in the Status section of Configure Controls.
* Added Punkbuster Support.
* Fixed bad string output for messages typed into the console from a
dedicated server operator.
* Added Japanese character support to FearServer.exe.
* Editing server options with scmd will now update info on remote clients.
* Fixed issue with launching a new listen server after disconnecting from
a server running custom maps.
* Fixed issue with the â€"archcfg command line option not being recognized
when running a dedicated or listen server with a mod .archcfg file.
* Added a new command line option, -userdirectory , to set the user
directory to the specified path, instead of the default path of
Documents and SettingsAll UsersShared DocumentsMonolith ProductionsFEAR.
Please refer to the serverreadme.txt file for more information on this
* The -optionsfile command line argument will now recognize a full
path to the server options file, making it possible to reference an
options file outside of the user directory. Please note that the full
file name must be specified, including the extension (e.g. ".txt").
* The -mpcustomizations command line argument will now recognize a
full path to the customizations file, making it possible to reference a
customizations file outside of the user directory.
* The server multiplayer scoring log file now resides in the user directory
rather than the executable directory.
* The server multiplayer scoring log now provides the unique ID of each
player and the objective points scored by each player.
* Fixed issue with the Linux dedicated server failing to start if the
multiplayer scoring log was enabled.