The first long awaited patch for Prey has been released.
This patch will update Prey to versn 1.1 and apply the following changes
- Multiplayer bandwidth optimization to allow better play on higher latency connections
- Fixed projectile effects not showing up on dedicated servers
- Fixed crash at startup due to time/date validation on some systems
- Fixed crash at startup due to querying old OpenAL drivers
- Fixed an occasional crash on the dedicated server
- Fixed a crash when using image_usecache cvar with very big textures. Textures whose lowest mip map doesn't fit will be default texture. This was causing a crash when a modified prey was loading "Mother's Embrace".
- Fixed a crash on some machines when reading savegames.
- Some timedemo features not appearing if you restart prey between record/playback
- Added widescreen resolutions to menus
- Updated multiplayer browser to fix servers not showing up due to DNS resolution
- Updated multiplayer browser not keeping join button up to date when server summary wasn't the active tab.
- Updated multiplayer browser so punkbuster icons show up in their column properly
- Updated multiplayer browser so mod games' icons show up properly updated multiplayer browser so server scanning is more consistent on slower connections
- Fixed multiplayer weapon exploit
- Bumped network protocol version. Unpatched games will not be able to play online with patched games.
This is a tech/bug fix patch, there are no new game play elements in this update (nor are there any planned for the future). Please note that the previously announced "new content" (maps, multiplayer skins) is not part of this update, and will be made available at a later date.
Customers who have purchased Prey through Triton should NOT use this patch. Triton customers will be updated through the Triton system. You will be notified that an update is available when you run the game, and will be asked at that time to update; Triton will handle the rest.
Please note that the dedicated server files will also need to be updated if you are using them. The Windows based version of the files are included with this patch. The Linux based server files will be available from Icculus seperately. The existing ones that were released in mid July are for v1.0 of the game. The v1.1 patch requires updated server files.