This patch is all-inclusive, includes all the earlier patch content and will patch any previous Battlefront.com English language version of Strategic Command Weapons and Warfare Expansion from the initial v1.0 to v1.03.
This patch will not work with any non-English version of Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warfare Expansion at this time.
Separate patches for the other language versions will be released in the future.
PREVIOUS SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTE
Save games created with earlier versions of the game are NOT compatible with v1.04. Please finish your in-progress games before applying this patch.
NEW VIDEO ACCELERATION SETTING
If you play the game and notice unplayably slow map scroll speeds and unit selection time, then please activate the "Video Acceleration" option from inside the Settings panel. That option will use a different method to handle graphics and should put your game performance back to what it should be. If you have never noticed any extreme game slowness, you can leave this option set to OFF.
v1.04 VERSION HISTORY:
GAME ENGINE CHANGES
- Corrected a Network load error for some games converted from E-Mail/Hotseat, resaved all Allied start campaigns via Editor
- Fixed a surprise enemy contact error for Paratroops that sometimes gave them an extra strength point
- Fixed a strategic bomber error that caused some strength point anomalies for defending air units located on the attacked resource
- Fixed a Map dialog error
- Sea weather zone with majority value of 'calm' will be set to calm for the first turn of a campaign, similar setting already in place for land Primary and Secondary weather effects
- Fixed a submarine surprise encounter error
- Fixed a graphical glitch that would cause islands to disappear when stormy seas were present
- Improved AI naval combat calculations, now up to 4X faster under the right circumstances
- Storms and storm effects no longer apply to naval units that are on a coastal or island position at sea where there is a territorial owner of the tile, for example the rules remain unchanged for all open sea tiles
- Improved scroll speed by adjusting how DirectX stores bitmaps to memory with an optional setting for 'Video Acceleration' in the SETTINGS dialog
- Improved scroll speed by adding bitmapped strength values instead of generating them on the fly
EDITOR RELATED CHANGES
- Fixed the following User Manual errata:
- SA armies France, Spain and Sweden value is 2 now mentioned
- Destroyer range attack value is now correctly set to 1
- Motorization cost values are corrected
- Fixed the following campaign errors:
- Polish town properly renamed Przemysl
- Removed extraneous Corps names for Saudi Arabia