This patch is for Unreal Tournament 2003, and will update your game to version 2186.
This patch contains many new features, along with a number of fixes.
List Of Changes:
- now support left handed weapons
- fixed hidden weapons appearing occasionally on respawn
- spectators don't show up on DM scoreboard at end of match
- FPH doesn't change after match ends
- shock combos now work after going through static meshes, and at all angles.
- Fixed when entering a painzone you take double the damage/second in the first
second and the correct amount thereafter.
- added exec function SwitchToLastWeapon (bound to E by default)
- fixed megaspeed DMMutator game option.
- improved bombing run AI (better AI reset between scores)
- fix for CTF flag can't be picked up
- fixed showing flag icon on scoreboard even if holder not relevant
- fixed throwing out minigun screwing up assault rifle
- added server option bBrightSkins to [UnrealGame.DMMutator] (and in the game rules menu). Setting it to true makes player skins brighter.
- fixed rocketlauncher can lock onto invasion monsters (bonuspack)
- change weapon sound pitch when berserk
- added bPreloadAllSkins config option to UT2003.ini, in the [UnrealGame.UnrealMPGameInfo] section. Its false by default.
If true, all skins and character models referenced in .upl files are preloaded. Only set this option to true if you have
a lot of system RAM (512 MB or more). This option reduces the hitch experienced when new players join a multiplayer game during gameplay.
- only allow restartgame() to be called once.
- added a GetWeaponStats exec function, which writes weapon info to the log for tracking down weapon problems
- Fixed VoiceMenu Acknowledgements to use the abbreviated versions if available
- other clients hear rockets being loaded
- fixed local stats for instagib
- fixed domination hud for spectators
- added the exec command "specviewgoal" that will attempt to show
the current goal (be it the flag/ball/dom point or the guy holding
- made flak shell more visible
- dropflag works in net games
- GameRules.NetDamage() always called in team games, and GameRules.ScoreKill() not called twice
- momentum is passed as an out (by reference) parameter in GameInfo.ReduceDamage() and GameRules.NetDamage()
- moved teammate momentum reduction to TeamGame.ReduceDamage()
- added ClientReceiveCombo() to xPlayer, to allow replication of mutator combos.
- Mod authors can now add keys to the config menu. See XInterface.GUIUserKeyBinding for info "how to".
- added support for pushing skins and meshes down from the server, with the PlayerRecordClass
Use PlayerRecordClass to push down player skins and meshes from the server.
For example, if the Reaper clan was running a server, and had their own clan skin in ReaperSkin.utx, here's what they'd need to do:
Create a new ReaperMod.u file, with the class Reaper in it. The package name must be the class name with "mod" appended. Reaper is a subclass of PlayerRecordClass, with
all the default properties set appropriately to setup up the character. Clan members will need to have a .upl file with the same character definition.
The server will need to have both ReaperSkin and ReaperMod in its serverpackages.
- improved cheat protection
- spectating improvements
- single pass through actor list for first pass relevancy determination for all connections. Improves server CPU utilization by 20% to 30%
for servers with large numbers of players
- hide passwords in URL
- added bAdminCanPause configurable property to GameInfo. It's true by default. To change it to false, add
bAdminCanPause=false to the [Engine.GameInfo] section of your UT2003.ini file.
- fixed precision problems with ping calculation
- fixed adminsay bringing up MOTD on clients
- fixed bots not properly losing player enemies when players log out of net games.
- Fixed LAN broadcast bug which caused problems in the LAN tab when
multiple UT2003 servers were run on the same machine
- TcpLink/UdpLink eventReceivedBinary fix.
- Fixed Bug in CheckIPPolicy
- fixed port swapping bug.
- maxspectators can be passed on command line
- Fix for Admin's Managed Groups
- Fixed Admin names showing multiple times when in multiple groups
- Added several game options to Web Admin
- Fixed Web Admin SetPlayInfo so that it won't be called twice on DMMutator
- Fixed MutatorFillPlayInfo so that it chains. Do not override MutatorFillPlayInfo, just override FillPlayInfo
- Fixed MD5 package protection so that it would stop resetting all RevisionLevels to 0 on loadup
- Fixed Web Admin Friendly Fire defaults
- Fixed Kick Command in AdminINI
- Changed the seperator character for the in-game admin menu from | to ESC
- Made Extended Console stop complaining when a MusicManagerClass wasn't defined.
- Fixed UTServerAdmin so it would pass PreQuery and PostQuery calls to mods
- fixed banning someone in internet games bans all spectators
- Fixed occasional (!Closing) crash on playback
- fixed shock beam on client-side demos
- When recording demos on a client, listen server or single player, the
demo file only records demo frames at the frame rate specified in
NetServerMaxTickRate in the [Engine.DemoRecDriver] section of
UT2003.ini. This does not effect the frame rate, only the rate at which
frames are written to the demo recording file. This solves the problem
of slow demo playback of client-side demos on machines which are not as
fast as the recording machine.
- fixed bug where ?timedemo was accidentaly including the precaching time
- LowSoundQuality option is saved properly.
- maps listed alphabetically
- Added Map name to loading screen
- fixed bug where menu mouse resolution was dependent on direction
- added "MouseX/YMultiplier" to scale raw mouse input in [WinDrv.WindowsClient] in your UT2003.ini
- added support for up to 8 mouse buttons
- Fixed some Accessed None spam in the UI
- fixed 'half op" status for IRC client
- display channel topic for IRC client
- For custom game types, have seperate 'Custom' tab with combo box in the server browser.
- fixed bug which caused game to reverted to D3DDrv after patching
- added code to disable specular if neither ATI_texture_env_combine3 nor
NV_texture_env_combine4 are exposed (Linux DRI drivers)
- worked around fog related driver bug in older ATI drivers
- added code to switch back to desktop resolution at exit (Win98)
- fixed bug related to OverrideDesktopRefreshRate option
- added workaround for HW bug on certain older NVIDIA cards
- changed code to handle D3DERR_DEVICELOST on initial device creation
- updated DefOpenAL32.DLL with latest version from Creative
- fixed big memory leak caused by garbage collection problem with certain levels (occurred on level change)
- fixed occasional crash which occurred during garbage collection on level changes, or when joining a server
- fixed sporadic karma physics crash
- performance improvement: frame rate based culldistance for player shadows
- Benchmarked botmatches require ?attractcam=true to be appended on the command line
after ?quickstart=true to work like before