This is the latest patch for Unreal Tournament 2003. This patch will bring your game to version 2225, which includes a number of fixes and additions.
- allow several different default characters. Change the default character by adding the following line to the [xGame.xPawn] section of your user.ini file: PlacedCharacterName="aname" where aname can be Gorge (theDefault), Sapphire, Malcolm. Mokara, Rapier, Brutalis, or Roc
- fixed no instigator bug with goop and grenades if killer was blown up
before making kill.
- added new mutator "DelayedSpawn". This mutator delays the initial
spawning of superweapons and super powerups (like UDamage, superhealth, and supershield)
- fixed sporadic problem with giving assist credit to players not
involved in flag capture in CTF
- fixed sporadic problem with pawns not animating on clients
- Fix adding in an extra bot when you've chosen custom bots and are
- custom bots stay on the teams they were put on, and ignore team
balancing in standalone games.
- The player who changes the color of the DDOM point scores the 5
points, not the last player.
- fixed bug where could sometimes translocate into static meshes
- spectators can only chat with spectators if bPartitionSpectators config option is true. This option is false by default, and can be made true by adding bPartitionSpectators=true to the [Engine.BroadCastHandler] section of your UT2003.ini file.
- support for new brighter teamskins (set by bright skins option in the Game Rules tab). You must have BrightSkins patch downloaded for this to work. (brightskins is client-side only)
- fixed displaying name of player who returned flag in flag return
- announce name of scorer in bombing run
- "use map bot count" always adds at least 3 bots for team games
- no time limits in LMS or Invasion
- fixed joining LMS server as spectator after match has started not
limited to only spectator slots
- added configurable GameInfo property LateEntryLives. Defaults to 1. This is how many lives another player can have lost and you can still join, for a maxlives game like LastManStanding.
- fixed IronDeity shield spawning
- fixed CTF-DoubleDammage camouflage mesh
- fixed weapon throwing on listen server clients
- projectiles can affect dead bodies in net games
- improved scoreboard support for long names
- server side control for turning off weapon viewshake by adding the following line to the [engine.gameinfo] section of your UT2003.ini file: bWeaponShouldViewShake=false
- new configurable property to prevent shield stacking of small shields. To disable shieldstacking, add the following line to the UnrealGame.DeathMatch] section of your UT2003.ini file: bNeverShieldStack=true
- zoom supershockrifle firing through multiple people now configurable (true by default). To change, add the following lines to your UT2003.ini (server side): [XWeapons.ZoomSuperShockBeamFire] bAllowMultiHit=false
- no superweapons in mutant
- fixed auto-slope. Since this wasn't functioning before, you may have
it turned on accidentally.
- added configurable property to control screen flash brightness, with values between 0 and 1 (1 is the default). To modify this property, add the following line to the [Engine.PlayerController] section of your user.ini file. ScreenFlashScaling=+1.0
- added new mutator "UTClassic" ,with its own server browser icon. Modifies the weapons to feel more like the original UT's weapons: All weapons do more damage. Slower weapon switching. Shieldgun charges faster, slightly longer range, less self damage for impact jumping Minigun firing modes switched, no lockdown effect Shockrifle regular fire slower, does more damage. Combos take less ammo. Slowed down rocket firing rate. Sniper rifle faster firing, no secondary hit damage. Bio charged up damage relatively lower (countered general weapon damage increase). Flak alt fires up a little more. Translauncher more ammo, recharges faster, transbeacon fired up more FOV and eyeheight adjusted
- added configurable properties to UTClassic to control double jumping. These are all enabled by default. To disable, add the following section to your UT2003.ini file: [UTClassic.MutUTClassic] bCanDoubleJump=true bCanWallDodge=true bCanDodgeDoubleJump=true
Setting bCanDoubleJump to false turns off all double jumping. Setting bCanWallDodge=false turns off wall dodging. Setting bCanDodgeDoubleJump=false turns off doublejumping after dodging.
- added option for visible centered weapons.
- added option to have smaller first person weapons. Off by default. This option is found in the Settings|Player menu, or can be changed in the user.ini
by adding bSmallWeapons=true to the [Engine.PlayerController] section.
- fixed inaccurate replication of remaining translocator charge, causing
players not to be able to fire when they seemed to still have charge
- all projectiles and shock beam centered with hidden weapons
- fixed shieldgun autofire misfires
- added more weapon not firing debugging. If your weapon stops firing, type getweaponstats at the console. Then, continue trying to fire your weapon, so more stats can be gotten. Both client and server must be upgraded to this patch.
- fixed shield gun fire effect when weapon hidden.
- fixed transbeacon leaving flare behind when crushed by mover.
- telefragging always gibs.
- ion painter warms up a little faster
- added configurable property to have translocator aim up more like original UT. This client-side option can be enabled by adding the following line to the [xGame.xPlayer] section of your user.ini file: bClassicTrans=true
- fixed lightning gun muzzleflash positioning in third person
- improved redeemer guiding
- sniper rifle zoomed visible area expanded
- custom weapon crosshairs: You can specify custom crosshairs and crosshair colors for each weapon. To do this, add the following lines to the appropriate weapon section in your User.ini file:
where CustomCrosshair can have any value between 0 and 13, and the Crosshair color is in 8 bit RGBA format. You can also use your own custom textures (after importing them into a utx) by adding CustomCrosshairTextureName="package.texture" (where package is the name of the UTX package, and texture is the name of the texture in the package.
- 4 digit fph
- fixed bot auto skill adjustment
- added custom bot AI configuration menu
- bots don't try to link with you if you are linking with them
- only use bots with upl menu strings "SP", "DUP", or "UNLOCK"
- performance improvement when trying to find path to dropped flags or bombs. Also added NotReachableBy() event to Decoration, so flags and other game objects can be notified if they aren't reachable.
- improved bot AI for mutant game
- fixed low-skill AI problems in DOM-Junkyard
- fixed bots don't change weapon at end of match, and always play
victory anim if winner
Performance/ Engine fixes:
- fixed xEmitter memory leak
- Improved bPreloadAllSkins for team games.
- set bShouldPreload (in [Engine.LevelInfo] section of UT2003.ini) to true on initial configuration for systems with over 512 MB of memory. This makes these systems preload all skins, reducing hitches in network play.
- no CD check!
- fix for name table corruption crash (which caused the reproduceable crash reported when AccessControlClass=XAdmin.AccessControlIni in ut2003.ini, as well as other intermittent crashes)
- fixed occasional crash when switching levels for servers with bots
- vampire mutator shows up in server settings
- dynamic netspeed adjust to deal with connections with variable
effective bandwidth. Can be turned off in the settings|network menu.
- fixed distance fog based network relevancy culling.
- fixed addnamedbot exec function. This is used by web admin, so adding
bots through web admin now works correctly as well.
- fixed client upstream bandwidth not always capped properly by server
- added -nocheat parameter to commandline to disable cheat prevention
- added ability to disable the security fix in networking (for testing
purposes) [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver] DisableKSecFix=True
- only allow netspeed changes from console once every 15 seconds
- server version displayed in server browser and ingame server info
- fixed ghost players on server
- fixed Invasion not ending if server side demo recording
- fixed redirected download file size and percentage indicator
- fix for players falling of ledges client-side only (so the client
thought they were in a different place than they actually were
- New Mutator function OverrideDownload giving servers the chance to override a redirect URL on a per-user basis, eg to give priority redirect access to your clanmates.
- To customize bots without using the custom bot config menu, add a [UnrealGame.CustomBotConfig] section to your UT2003.ini. Then add lines like this one to the section: ConfigArray= CharacterName="Gorge",PlayerName="The_Reaper",FavoriteWeapo n="xWeapons.RocketLauncher",Aggres
where CharacterName = the bot character you are modifying PlayerName = the name to override the character name with All the AI settings range from 0 to 1, with 0.5 as the default value.
- fixed server browser having hidden filtering options still enabled
when filters looked cleared.
- fixed disconnected/kicked players taking a long time to have their
- more networking improvements, particularly for higher ping clients
- moved "now viewing" in spectator mode to right side of HUD
- show proper HUD color in first person view when spectating in network
- fixed link gun alt-fire obscuring view in spectate behindview 0
- show proper score in DM network games in top left hand corner of HUD
- fixed spectator showing up on scoreboard on server with no players
- show flag messages in first person view when spectating another player
- fixed invasion spectating when join as spectator
- fixed adding multiple CustonKeyBinding bug
- Exposed many internal karma simulation constants for mod developers to
tweak: Gamma (Relaxation Rate), Epsilon (Constraint Compliance), Penetration Offset and Scale, Contact Softness, Max Contact Penetration, Max Karma Timestep, Max Karma Speed and Max Ragdoll Speed. Use KSet/GetSimParams inside Actor to modify them. NOTE: Changes to these take affect until you quit the game!
- use %20 in URL redirects for files with spaces
- umod installer AddIni fix
- added bNeverSever property for DamageType
- added PreventSever() to gamerules
- weapon config menu uses actor skin if different from default weapon
- User logs now save to UserLogs
- Added force feedback support for devices other than mice (thanks Jason
Fleming of Immersion).
* Gamepads, sticks, wheels and mice usable as force feedback devices
* Wheels (1-axis) devices can play 2-axis effects, rather than failing
* Feedback device not initialized if all feedback settings disabled at
* Shutdown feedback system by unchecking all feedback settings in menu
* Start feedback system when first feedback setting checked in menu
- added unique sunlight actor icon (for editor)
- The Loading Map screen is now configurable for mods
- added -USERLOGO=, .BMP must be in Help
- added ReplicationViewer and ReplicationViewTarget to LevelInfo. These are valid during replication, showing for what viewer replication is currently occuring. Useful for creating more complex replication conditions.
- fixed not being able to do same taunt or othe AnimAction twice in a
- fixed invisibility on pawns with more than 2 skins on their mesh (up to 4 skins now supported - they must all be referenced in the skins array).
- Added PokeTerrain function to TerrainInfo.
PokeTerrain( vector WorldLocation, int Radius, int MaxDepth ) All values are in world units. It pushes a squashed sphere into the terrain at the location specified. Negative MaxDepth values will raise the terrain at the specified location.
Note that you should perform a trace first and ensure a TerrainInfo is returned. Call the function at the trace's hit location. Static projectors such as tree shadows have their data precomputed and the shadow will not move if you dig a hole in terrain beneath them. Sorry!
- Added check to prevent webserver from being spawned on client
- Addressed some cleanup issues with QueryHandlers
- Fixed bug with special characters in game settings (&, , etc.)
- Added reverse sorting to player listing
- Fixed bug with sorted lists that caused new items that were added to
be dropped under certain circumstances
- Fixed bug that only allowed a managed group to be removed from a user
if the user was a member of that group
- Fixed bug with IP Policies not reflecting whether policy was "Accept"
or "Deny" policy
- Fixed bug with webadmin not allowing IP addresses containing wildcards
to be added to the banned IP list
- Fixed bug that allowed IP addresses with more than 4 octets to be
added to the banned IP list
- Fixed links in webadmin remaining active if admin does not have any
privileges applicable to that Query Handler
- Addressed webadmin textboxes not allowing values longer than the width
of the textbox
- Added support for custom skins for webadmin (documentation coming
- Added fix to prevent admin privileges from "leaking" across threads
(very very rare)
- Added support for creating outgoing connections from within webadmin
(to easily include remote content in webadmin)
- Fixed bug with giving users privilege to change bot skill level
- Updated bot page so that you can add bots with stats enabled if there
are still bots in the game
- Implemented "Kick Bots", "Change WebAdmin Skin", and "Game Status"
- Added Game Status readout to Current Game page
- Fixed fallback materials for DM-Rustatorium and DOM-Junkyard
- fixed OpenGL bug causing degrading performance after level changes with the NV_VAR/ APPLE_VAR codepath (thanks to Thomas Fortier @ ATI for pointing it out)
- fixed gamma for Editor if running on DX9 system
- fixed bug in D3DDrv which caused it to never release the D3D device
- added "nogamma" commandline option
- fixed "firstcoloredmips X" for DXT textures
- updated DefOpenAL32.dll
- Add MusicSkip console command to skip tracks in OGGPlayer
- Fixed possible problems with OGGPlayer
- Add "Play List" button to player setup
- fixed audio spatialization (thanks to Daniel Peacock @ Creative for
- fixed sound precaching bug