World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.6.1 (2005-08-02)
- Spell casting is no longer interrupted when leaving combat.
- Improved Shield Block - Fixed a bug where Rank 3 of the talent was
not granting the extra block.
- Bloodthirst - Damage bonus increased to 40% of attack power.
- The Oil of Immolation effect is no longer affected by bonuses to
spell damage from items.
Raids & Dungeons
- Blackwing Lair
Several encounters in Blackwing Lair now cause the front gate to
close, preventing players from zoning out or joining an in-progress
The Razorgore encounter has been changed slightly to make it less
"random". The spawning should be more consistent throughout the
The timer for Vaelastrasz the Corrupt is now more persistent. You
can no longer reset the one-hour time limit for beating him by
leaving the instance. Also, Vaelastrasz the Corrupt will not respawn
for 12 hours if he has not been beaten when the timer expires.
The drakes in Blackwing Lair will no longer leave the lab.
Lowered experience values for Creeping Sludge.
- Increased the maximum number of sounds which can be played
simultaneously. This will fix problems where some sounds could be
dropped in very busy situations.
- Fixed WoW Error Reporter so that it doesn't crash under Mac OS X
10.4 when trying to send an error report.
- Worked around an issue where you would lose your Expose/Dashboard
preferences if you crashed or asserted while in fullscreen mode on
Mac OS X 10.4.
- Fixed the "blockWidth", "srec", and "bitnum < m_numBits" assertions
bugs that would crash the game.
- Fixed a bug involving corpses near the player that could result in a