World in Conflict Update #009
This is a hotfix to update 8 for World in Conflict.
Fixed a bug where the Special Abilities buttons stopped responding to mouse clicks.
Fixed a bug that increased the loading times before map cycles.
World in Conflict Update #008
- Improved in-game vote system.
- Special Ability icons now show the number of selected units ready to fire.
- Extrapolation added to the network code. This should decrease lag caused by high packet loss. To disable extrapolation, append â€œ-noextrapolationâ€ (without the quotes) to the target path of the WIC shortcut.
- Expanded the ignore functionality on Massgate to cover clan challenges and chat rooms.
- Unit shields will now always be enlarged on mouseover regardless of selected unit.
- Unit movement arrows are now more visible on the Megamap.
- Added a hyperlink pop-up when the client is missing map or mod content.
- Remote admins can now switch a ranked server to unranked and back.
- Added explanatory text to the abuse report window.
- Added Massgate banner.
Units and balancing:
- Improved infantry forest cover logic. When ordered into forest cover, infantry units should now always find actual cover.
- Increased accuracy and tweaked fire rates for Armored Transports.
- Improved stealth slightly for Demolition Engineers.
- Improved power of Demolition Engineersâ€™ Demolition Charge. It now destroys most bridges with one charge.
- Fixed discrepancies with US Medium Tank and US Light Tank view ranges compared to USSR and NATO.
- Fixed discrepancy with the duration of the USSR Medium Artillery special ability compared to US and NATO.
- Fixed a bug that caused disconnects with wireless network cards.
- Friendly fire warnings are not triggered by stray bullets anymore.
- Fixed a Reinforcement Point exploit that used unit drops and role changes to get additional Reinforcement Points.
- Fixed a bug that caused units dropped by Tactical Aid to be blinking and untargetable.
- Fixed buildings on several maps that could not be targeted by air units.
- Fixed fortifications on several maps that could become untargetable.
- Fixed a bug that caused Kick-vote to be active in clan matches.
- Fixed a bug that caused Kick-on-idle to stop working.
- Fixed a bug that required spectators to click â€œreadyâ€ for servers in match mode to start. Only players in teams count now.
- Fixed a bug that caused the TA cooldown to not reset when matches started in match mode. It should no longer be possible to deploy Tactical Nukes prematurely.
- Fixed a clan challenge bug that caused the wrong number of members to be shown as online on the clan you challenged.
- Fixed a crash related to map voting and custom maps.
- Fixed an issue with TA ground markers behaving incorrectly in single player.
- Max camera height settings no longer affect single player.
World in Conflict Update #007
- Fixed a bug where a bridge on do_Hometown could stop working after being repaired several times
- Fixed a bug where the results of a clan match could be reported for the wrong clan
- Fixed a bug where the wrong number of players online were shown on the Clan Challenge screen
World in Conflict Update #006
- New server list filters added, Rank Balance (Any, Rank Balanced, Not Rank Balanced).
- New server list filters added, Game Mode (Any, Domination Only, Assault Only, Tug of War Only).
- Some settings are now forced on Ranked Servers.
- Implemented features to prevent clan smurfing.
- Made all text messages more intelligible through better screen placing and color.
- Added visual travel directions on some Tactical Aid markers.
- Added a feature where player units are high-lighted when using VOIP.
- Added text and sound warnings when doing damage to teammates.
- Improved the alias functionality, making it possible to bind a specific key to a specific tactical aid and much more (see this post for details).
- Changed the default colors available in "Set Player Color" (see this post for details).
- Changed behavior for the mode Special Abilities. Activating it twice via the keyboard shortcut will no longer abort it.
- Added ability to define your own colors in "Set Player Color".
- The Options for "Play Now" has a new direct shortcut under the "Play Now" button.
- "Play Now" will default to Rank Balanced Domination Only servers, this can be changed in "Options>Massgate".
- Added an option to change camera height in "Options>Controls>Camera Maximum Height".
- Added name of current server to end screen.
- CheckMouseDown function added to python modding interface (mod specific).
Units and balancing:
- All out-of-role unit costs have been reduced.
- Increased cost of the Laser Guided Bomb Tactical Aid for all roles.
- Heavy Anti-Air Vehicle now gives 40% more score when killed.
- Heavy Anti-Air Vehicle view range and fire range decreased.
- Heavy Attack Helicopter fire range and special ability fire range decreased.
- Heavy Attack Helicopter rocket accuracy decreased.
- Medium Anti-Air Vehicle fire range decreased.
- Medium Anti-Air Vehicle accuracy decreased.
- Light Tank cannon damage increased.
- Updated hit boxes for USSR Transport Truck.
- Tweaked Tactical Aid marker behavior to make the rotation more responsive.
- Tweaked the auto team balance feature to start earlier.
- Tweaked do_quarry to fix incorrect path-finding in several places.
- Fixed a bug where Tactical Nukes sometimes wouldn't make Command Points go neutral.
- Fixed a bug where infantry in houses would not always auto-acquire targets.
- Fixed a bug with Reinforcement Menu sometimes not closing correctly right at the start of a game.
- Fixed a crash bug on "Mission 1 - Invasion" of single-player.
- Fixed a bug on do_xmas where a bridge would become impassable after having been blown apart and repaired three times.
- Fixed a bug that made texture streaming sometimes fail on single core computers resulting in low resolution textures.
World in Conflict Update #005
- Added a Rank Balance feature. Players who purposely create team unbalance will now get a Reinforcement Point penalty.
- Added a Clan Wars feature to make it easier to find a clan match.
- Added a log to the clan profile that displays results and stats from the last 63 clan matches.
- Added XML feeds for stats.
- Added commentary and music support to replays.
- Added time indication to replay transport.
- Replay camera does no longer start in the corner of the play field.
- Mouse over on units should now work in replays.
- Old / Incompatible replays will no longer show up in the in-game replay list.
- Added progress information to the server list refresh.
- Added ability to send attentions on the mini-map (Default â€œQâ€ and left-click on the mini-map).
- Added a pop-up dialogue to enter name of replay when you save replay at end-screen.
- Added a option to disable Mood Changes (Enabled by checking a box in Game Options).
- Added special mode for color blind users (Enabled by checking a box in Graphics Options).
- Increased icon visibility range of large-radius Tactical Aid.
- Improved visibility of Player and Clan profile buttons in the Massgate menu.
- Improved the visibility of Tactical Aid ground markers.
- Added Clan Match Lobby start feedback.
- Ground markers from Tactical Aid are now always visible for team mates.
- Added new map subdirectory to DS installs for easier installations on remote systems.
Units and balancing:
- Increased cost of Aerial Recon for all roles.
- Increased recharge time of Aerial Recon by 50%.
- Napalm cost increased for all roles.
- Heavy Artillery Barrage cost increased for all roles.
- Heavy Artillery Barrage recharge time increased by 50%.
- Heavy Artillery Barrage direct damage decreased slightly.
- Light Artillery Barrage no longer destroys forests.
- Repair Tank Emergency Repair special ability recharge time increased by 33%.
- Repair Tank repair speed at max level decreased by 25%.
- Score from repairing decreased by 25%.
- Movement speed of Repair Tanks increased slightly.
- Heavy Anti-Air Vehicle turret rotation speed doubled.
- Heavy Anti-Air Vehicle view range and fire range increased slightly.
- Medium Anti-Air Vehicle turret rotation speed doubled.
- Medium Anti-Air Vehicle fire range decreased.
- Medium Anti-Air Vehicle accuracy increased significantly.
- Medium Anti-Air Vehicle offensive special ability damage increased by 50%.
- Heavy Attack Helicopter firing range and special ability firing range decreased slightly.
- Improved WP shell / Frag-HE shell special abilities for Medium Tanks of all factions.
- Movement speed of Amphibious Transports increased by 20%.
- Decreased time Airdropped Transport and Airdropped Light Tank animations are visible for opponents.
- Medium Tank icon redesigned to be more distinct.
- Improved visibility of infantry selection rings.
- Fixed bug where the third placement of a Tactical Aid would get lost when placing multiples of the same.
- Fixed a bug where Nuke medals would not register when playing as NATO.
- Fixed a bug where getting auto team balanced would not instantly refund Reinforcement Points.
- Fixed a bug that made resupplying infantry squads cost less if player switched role.
- Fixed bug where the Reinforcement Menu would become unavailable for short periods of time.
- Fixed bug with random colour assigned after map change due to dropped players.
- Fixed bug that sometimes created duplicate replay files.
- Fixed randomization of map cycle. The same map should no longer load twice in a row.
- Fixed issues with server name not working in replays.
- Fixed the â€Automatic Teamâ€ button. It should now randomize when the teams are even instead of always picking team 1.
- The Line of Sight (LOS) shader in Mega Map mode is no longer out of sync with the play field.
- Fixed a bug that occurred if you tried to rejoin a match that had ended in your absence.
- Fixed exploit where holding down ALT on buildings out of Line Of Sight would show Line Of Fire if it housed infantry.
- Fixed bug where changing roles in the middle of an infantry resupply would cause you to permanently lose Reinforcement Points.
- Fixed bug with VoIP solo function where all players on your team would see the feedback icon despite not hearing anything.
World in Conflict Update #004
Fixed a bug where units failed to auto-acquire enemies.
Fixed a bug where loading a save game could break AI reinforcements.
World in Conflict Update #003
- Command Points on Assault maps will now spawn with fortifications (to prevent steamrolling).
- Players that get disconnected during a clan match will now be able to re-connect to the match either by clicking Join Same Server on a clanmate or by clicking the Join Last Server Played button.
- It is now possible to move the Drop Zone directly after the plane has delivered the units.
- Clan leaders and officers are now be able to send Mass-IM's to their clan mates.
- Servers can now be administered remotely.
- Added enhanced functionality to Replays: Play, Stop and Fast forward buttons added.
- Added the option to wait in line to join a server that is currently full in Massgate.
- Added the possibility to hide the Score Sheet and move the camera at the end of matches.
- Added functionality for dedicated servers to have a banner and a welcome text.
- Added option to give contextual orders (repair, enter unit) by right-clicking the unit icons at the bottom of the screen.
- Added ability to ignore players in Massgate by right clicking and choosing Ignore.
- Added slider to control the volume threshold for voice activated VoIP.
- Added sliders in Options to change the size of unit icons in the world and in the icon bar.
- Added options to remove all posts by a specific user in the guestbook.
- Added Stop Spectating button to Spectating Mode.
- Added ability to select newly delivered units (default Shift + Space).
- Added Connect to IP ability for LAN play.
- Added support for different resolutions on each screen in Dual screen mode.
- IM's from people not in the contact list will now be displayed in the top of the contact list.
- Added option to turn off Wi-Fi strength and battery level indicators.
Units and balancing:
- Napalm now does some burn damage over time to buildings as well as units.
- Trimmed drag selection for infantry to focus on unit icons instead of soldiers.
- Changed so that just one movement marker is displayed for infantry squads.
- Infantry selection rings will now show on mouse over.
- Orders to use Sprint, Smoke Screen and Flares defensive special abilities will now be given to all selected units with the ability, not just to units of the selected type.
- Tweaked the hitboxes for all Medium Attack Helicopters to make them more balanced.
- The Daisy Cutter TA animation is now visible for opponents for a much shorter time.
- Movement speed for Heavy Anti-Air Vehicle and Repair Tank was reduced slightly.
- Decreased direct damage and armor piercing from USSR Heavy Artillery.
- Increased recharge time for Medium Artillery special ability by 50%.
- Tweaked initial deployment field for attackers on as_Airbase.
- Tweaked deployment fields for both factions on do_Farmland.
- Tweaked deployment fields for both factions on do_Riverbed.
- Tactical Nuke now destroys bridges in a slightly larger radius.
- Custom player color should now show on the minimap.
- Custom player color should now stay after a map cycle.
- The map list in the Create Server screen is now sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed a graphics bug (sometimes resulting in freeze/crash) that occurred when running single player cut-scenes and using resolutions with aspect ratio higher than 16:9.
- Fixed a bug that made the camera face the wrong way in "Assault mode".
- Fixed a bug where units would not connect to the ground inside craters.
- Fixed a bug where units would refuse to fire on units inside craters.
- Re-supply button should now work on multiple squads.
- Fixed a bug with Offensive Special Abilities mouse pointer.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes spawned enemy fortifications in friendly Command Points.
- The Top Role section in the score sheets now includes TA score accumulated during the round.
- Trimmed tank accuracy and auto acquire while moving.
- Fixed path-blocker in North Hill perimeter point on do_Christmas.
- Line Of Fire feedback (default ALT key) should now work on houses too.
- Accepting a TA request should no longer deselect units.
- Forest bonus icon for infantry should now only show when the whole squad is protected.
- Enhanced support for Matrox TripleHead2Go :
--- Should now detect & use resolutions with aspect ratio equal to or above 3:1 on first start.
--- Players can now use resolutions with aspect ratio below 3:1 with TripleHead2Go active without getting the GUI stretched.
--- Combat GUI will now be rendered on the middle screen. This can be disabled with the command line flag "-dontcentergui".