This is the playable demo for HistWar: Les Grognards, putting you in charge of a Napoleonic army on the battlefields of the early 19th century.
Les Grognards Features : * Authentic Napoleonic style combat from the years 1805-1814.
* Thrilling 3D battles with over 50,000 Infantry soldiers, Cavalry and Artillery crews - all fully animated!
* Single player action against the computer and multiplayer with up to 6 players
* Internet, LAN and PBEM multiplayer modes.
* Variable speed play from real time 1 minute = 1 minute to accelerated 10x time where 6 seconds of game time = 1 minute of real time. PBEM mode played in 15 minute turns. * Environmental effects such as, rain, fog, snow and smoke.
* Units organized into historically accurate and individually controllable Regiments, Brigades, Divisions, Corps and Armies.
* Huge variety of troops types including; Sappers, Skirmishers, Grenadiers, Fusiliers, Chasseurs, Imperial, Middle and Young Guards, Hussars, Cuirassiers, Dragoons, Gendarmes, Carbiniers, Lancers and Mameluks among others.
* Variety of individually modeled and animated "personalities" such as Captains, Majors, Colonels, Flag and Standard Bearers and more.
* Play as any of 15 different major, minor and city state military powers including France, Russia, Austria, Wurtenmberg, Saxony, Poland, Italy and Naples.
* Exhaustively researched Table of Organization and Equipment for all the major combatants included.
* Over 1150 historical Regiments, 4000 unique commanders and 550 accurate military uniforms included.
* Comes with 10 historical battles including Austerlitz, Eylau, Friedland, Wagram, Borodino with the ability to modify or create all new battles with included editors.
* Innovative 3 tiered Artificial Intelligence system models the difficulty and challenges of command in the early 19th century battlefield.
* 3 different game editors (Map, Order of Battle and Doctrine) allow you to build your own battles or modify the included ones, create your own armies and customize specific characteristics and abilities of any unit or commander.
* Create maps in size from 6 x 4.5 Km to 30 x 22.5 Km (over 660 square kilometers)
* Ability to create and design your own custom uniforms.
* Variety of camera views supported including exciting 3D Real World and Bird's Eye views plus a 3D Symbolic map and 2D Strategic Overview mode.
* Realistic combat resolution and modeling which takes into account such factors as orientation and density of unit formations, their training, combat effectiveness, fatigue and moral.
* Advanced morale engine accounts for a variety of elements including proximity to friendly commanders and units, weather effects, level of sustained losses, overall fatigue and more.