Mistmare Demo v1.1:
Join Isador, the inquisitor monk, on an epic journey through Europe ravaged by years of conflict. The fate of the world lands squarely on your shoulders, as you visit great European cities isolated from each other for hundreds of years, trying to find the person who escalated a personal conflict into a quickly unfolding drama that encompasses the known world.
The year is 1996 and the world is different, there was no industrial revolution, there are no cars or mobile phones, there is only the feeble existence of people who have to fight the land, that decided it would fight back. The world is in turmoil and large parts of the continent are covered in thick mist with magical properties that forbids the passage through central Europe. Join Isador as he explores the world, searching for the man, deemed by the Church to be a murderer and an antichrist. The once great cities will pass you by: Rome, Avignon, Paris and others; on your quest to stop this man.
The last peasant revolt against Church has occurred in northeastern realms of Carniola in 1978. After the clash between the peasant force and the Church army, the peasant leaders retreated to the edge of the Fog. Apparently they have gone too far, for when the scouts reached their camp, they found no survivors - except for a raving old man and a crying baby. The Church soldiers delivered the baby boy to a local orphanage. The nuns of the orphanage have named the baby Isador - after a local saint, renowned for his good deeds. At the age of 18, Isador leaves the orphanage.
Driven by a strong desire to serve God, which had saved him from the horrors of the fog, he enrolls in the Church army corps. During his training in the south of Spain, Isador comes into mortal danger, but saves himself by using magical powers, hidden so far. He is transferred to the magical Academy of Athens, where he attains the rank of brother Inquisitor - a sorcerer monk order which serves as a special force for solving the more delicate problems.
In Rome, Isador is presented with his Solar staff of office, which is the traditional Inquisitor weapon and magical focus. Soon afterwards Isador is entangled in an intrigue which might change Europe as we know it, and his mission begins
Immerse game play with addictive story;
• Unique mix of action, adventure and RPG elements;
• Realistic weather effects;
• Elaborate time management taking into consideration time of day;
• Huge universe with vast number of unique interior and exterior locations;
• Over 80 interactive characters;
• Huge arsenal of different types of weapons, like swords and axes and shields… OH MY!;
• Explore the game with A.I. which is tailored to the player;
• Over 35 unique monsters with different features, models and specific A.I. and combat tactics;
• Fight and control monsters to make them your minions in the battles to come
• Pentium III 450
• 128MB RAM
• 16 MB DirectX 8-compatible D3D video card
• 16-bit DirectX 8-compatible sound card
• 100 MB free hard drive space (200 needed during installation)
• Windows compatible keyboard and mouse
• Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000 or XP
• DirectX 8 or higher