Software developer Stardock Entertainment has released the real-time simulation game Uplink: Hacker Elite for the PC.
One of the most alluring elements of the Internet is that of the hacker. They're the elite programmers working in the dark reaches of cyberspace, going where nobody was meant to. Through Introversion Software's Uplink: Hacker Elite, gamers can now take the role of one of these hidden agents. Using powerful virtual hardware, software, and an undercover network, players will hack into rival computer systems, frame the innocent, manipulate markets and much more.
- Original gameplay: Players have the opportunity to be freelance hackers.
- Freeform gameplay: Accept the missions that you want to play.
- Neuromancer rating: Let your morals guide you; save the net or watch processors melt. Uplink offers two totally different paths to l33t hacker status.
- Exciting missions: Crack a bank, hack a rival into jail, crash the stock market, and get out before you're caught.
- Thrilling action: Players have to make those last 15 seconds count and feel the tension rise, as their signal is traced.
- Deep plot: The computer underground can be a dangerous place, especially if you've got to stop the world's deadliest virus.