Mesen is a NES/Famicom emulator and NSF player. It is still a work in progress - some features are currently incomplete or may change in future versions.
• High Accuracy - A lot of effort has gone into making Mesen as accurate as possible
• NES and Famicom (including Famicom Disk System) support. Also supports: NSF, NSFe, VS System
• Support for over 175 mappers
• Supports: Save States, Movie/Audio Recording, Screenshots, Cheat Codes
• Net Play - Play online with friends
• Built-in Debugger
• Automatic updates - Mesen is able to check for updates and automatically install new versions of itself.
• Stand-alone - Put the Mesen application into any folder and run it from there
• Other Features: 7z/zip archive support, numerous video filters (xBRZ, Scale2x, NTSC, etc.), sound recorder, sound effects, etc.
What’s new in v0.6.0:
- Debugger: Tons of new features and improvements (including labels and comments, a profiler, more options in the PPU viewer, etc.)
- Audio: Greatly reduced sound latency.
- Audio: Added an option to reduce the popping sounds produced by the DMC channel in some games.
- Audio: Added channel panning options.
- Audio: Added a crossfeed option.
- Video: Added 2 new palette presets (Nostalgia and Nes Classic, by FirebrandX).
- UI: Added a "power cycle" option to reload the current game.
- UI: Added an option to load a random game.
- Video: Fixed a bug with the "Remove Sprite Limit" option that could cause it to display incorrect sprites on the screen.
- Video: Fixed a bug with the aspect ratio option when overscan was used at the same time.
- NSF: Fixed a crash that could occur when loading incorrect NSF files.