Mesen is a NES/Famicom emulator and NSF player. It is still a work in progress - some features are currently incomplete or may change in future versions.
• High Accuracy - A lot of effort has gone into making Mesen as accurate as possible
• NES and Famicom (including Famicom Disk System) support. Also supports: NSF, NSFe, VS System
• Support for over 175 mappers
• Supports: Save States, Movie/Audio Recording, Screenshots, Cheat Codes
• Net Play - Play online with friends
• Built-in Debugger
• Automatic updates - Mesen is able to check for updates and automatically install new versions of itself.
• Stand-alone - Put the Mesen application into any folder and run it from there
• Other Features: 7z/zip archive support, numerous video filters (xBRZ, Scale2x, NTSC, etc.), sound recorder, sound effects, etc.
What’s new in v0.7.0:
• Video: Added new NTSC filter (based on Bisqwit's work).
• Video: Added feature to allow recording gameplay to AVI files
• Video: Fixed graphic glitches and crashes with the 2xSai, Super2xSai and SuperEagle filters.
• Startup: Fixed crash that occurred when the path contained non-ascii characters (bug introduced in 0.6.1).
• Linux: Fixed an issue with the "only allow one instance of Mesen" option.