Mesen is a NES/Famicom emulator and NSF player. It is still a work in progress - some features are currently incomplete or may change in future versions.
• High Accuracy - A lot of effort has gone into making Mesen as accurate as possible
• NES and Famicom (including Famicom Disk System) support. Also supports: NSF, NSFe, VS System
• Support for over 175 mappers
• Supports: Save States, Movie/Audio Recording, Screenshots, Cheat Codes
• Net Play - Play online with friends
• Built-in Debugger
• Automatic updates - Mesen is able to check for updates and automatically install new versions of itself.
• Stand-alone - Put the Mesen application into any folder and run it from there
• Other Features: 7z/zip archive support, numerous video filters (xBRZ, Scale2x, NTSC, etc.), sound recorder, sound effects, etc.
What’s new in v0.9.0:
- Rewind: Added a rewind functionality with reverse video and audio playback (up to several hours worth of gameplay can be rewinded.)
- UI: Added game selection screen.
- Compatibility: Added support for mappers 29, 30, 111, 158 and 174.
- FDS: Added option to automatically switch disks.
- Video: Improvements to video scale management and corrected aspect ratio presets.
- Misc: Added a few other small features (Frame counter, game timer, 96kHz audio, etc.)
- Accuracy: Improvements to PPU, MMC5 and VRC6 emulation.
- FDS: Fixed issue with sound emulation (Fixes Bio Miracle).
- Overclocking: Improved compatibility with some games.
- Debugger: Fixed a number of bugs and crashes.
- Misc: Several other bug fixes.