As part of this year's E3, we received a bunch of game fact sheets and we decided to publish some of them unedited.
Please keep in mind that all these data sheets are written by the games' publisher/developer/pr company, so take all praise with a grain of salt.
Too Human Fact Sheet:
Title: Too Human
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Silicon Knights
Format: DVD for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system
ESRB Rating: T for Teen
Availability: Aug. 19, 2008
Step into the world of Too Human, the third-person epic action game from renowned Canadian developer Silicon Knights. As the cybernetic god Baldur, players are thrust into the midst of an ongoing battle that threatens the existence of mankind. An ancient machine presence has forced the gods' hand, and now Baldur is charged with defending humanity from an onslaught of monstrous war machines bent on the eradication of human life.
In Too Human, players are treated to a nonstop barrage of action powered by the seamless integration of melee and firearms combat, plus deep role-playing game (RPG) elements fueled by breathtaking visuals enabled by the powerful Xbox 360. Battles unfold in awesome scale as players engage with vast numbers of enemies. Gamers also can take it to the next level by playing the entire game individually or cooperatively via Xbox LIVE.
Too Human is produced by Silicon Knights, which brings a wealth of knowledge, story-based design and gameplay expertise to the next generation of video gaming.
- Thrilling action-RPG gameplay. Unlike some games that may force players to choose between two genres, Too Human combines all the creative economy features and social experiences of a typical RPG, such as collecting loot and leveling up, while maintaining the excitement of an action game. With a wide array of weapons, armors, cybernetic implants and skills, players have an unprecedented level of customization with their characters.
- Explosive melee and firearms combat. It will take more than brawn and raw strength to supplant the machine hordes. Using a sophisticated blend of seamless melee and high-tech weapons combat, players have the power to vanquish foes near and far. Witness the fluid grace of heroes and enemies in battle as enacted by the acclaimed motion-capture group Full Action Stunt Team (FAST). Feel each punishing blow through advanced visual effects made possible through the power of Xbox 360.
- The birth of an icon. Fight as Baldur, a powerful cybernetic god battling his way through enemy armies to become one of gaming's renowned iconic heroes. From weaponry and armor to combat techniques and combos, players can fully customize Baldur to become the best possible hero.
- Advanced cinematic presentation. Characters and environments come to life with amazing visual fidelity. Experience the full excitement of combat through a dynamically driven presentation system that portrays the combat with cinematic quality. Survive pulse-pounding battles against hordes of on-screen enemies set against the vast landscape of the Too Human world. A sweeping orchestral score sets the mood for heartbreak, anger and blood lust as each tune encapsulates the gamer within the immersive gaming environment.
- New level of accessibility through intuitive combat. Perform Baldur's elaborate and complex combat maneuvers, and chain together rapid-fire attacks and combos with ease. Through the use of an intuitive combat system, Too Human delivers gameplay that is easy to learn and rewarding to master.
- Shared experience. Conquer the world of Too Human alone or with friends in advanced, online two-player co-op gameplay through the Xbox LIVE service. Online co-op play requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.
- Modern take on classical Norse mythology. In a world ruined by centuries of war, Too Human chronicles the epic story of Baldur, favored son of Odin and one of a group of humanity's protector, the Aesir. As Baldur, you must destroy the ancient war machines that threaten the world, but to do so you must balance your sense of duty and honor against your lust for revenge - perhaps even sacrificing your humanity in the process.