This is the official v1.2 patch from EA Games for Battlefield 2.
Hard Drive Space
Windows will require additional free hard drive space for its operating system (virtual memory). If you encounter the following message in an error dialog:
"Ran out of virtual memory", free up some more hard drive space.
To install Battlefield 2 Version 1.2 you will need approximately 2.0 GB free hard disk space for the full patch or 1.5GB for the incremental patch, plus space for saved games.
If you have Battlefield 2 installed to a different hard disk than where you have Windows installed then approximately 375Mb (full patch) or 100Mb (incremental patch) of the required free space must be available on the hard disk where Windows is installed.
To install Battlefield 2: Euro Force you will need approximately 800Mb free hard disk space plus space for saved games.
BATTLEFIELD 2: SPECIAL FORCES AND THE PATCH
- It is very important to remember that the Special Forces executable is an earlier version of the game.
If you have purchased Battlefield 2: Special Forces after you have installed the patch, you will need to reinstall
patch 1.2 after installing Special Forces.
BUG FIXES & GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
- Dolphin Diving is no longer possible
- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
- Helicopters now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
- Damage decreased from M134
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
- AA missile lock has been improved
- All support kit weapons have been adjusted
- All Sniper rifles have been adjusted
- Sa80 has been adjusted
- G3A3 has been adjusted
- Reload while sprinting has been enabled
- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
- SCAR-L reload sound has been fixed
- Server setting to allow friendly fire to be off on mines without affecting other weapons.
- Server search filters now work properly
- Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
- Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
- Flash bang effect radius decreased
- Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
- Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
- Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
- Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
- Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
- The LAV25 no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
- Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
- Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
- Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
- Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum distance.
- Decreased Flashbang count from 4 to 3
- Replaced the existing Czech Flag with the correct one in the front end
EXPANSION OF RANKS
- Ranks have now been expanded to allow for players to rank up to General
- The UAV that is placed by Commanders will now include a visual element. An actual UAV will appear within the
UAV detection radius and circle the area. Players will be able to shoot it down, bringing the UAV detection to a premature end.
The Commander will be able to continue placing UAVs once the timer resets, as per current design.
ATI CROSSFIRE CARDS
- Crossfire cards with 256 Megs of memory, running in CrossFire mode will run out of memory at very high resolution settings.
On very high resolutions, such as 1920x1440 with 6x antialiasing. In CrossFire mode the ATI drivers are more restrictive
about where resources are allocated, and as a result run out of memory sooner than with a single board. This running out of memory causes
the device context creation to fail. The result is that the game just sits in a loop with a black screen. If you experience a context creation failure
change your resolution to a lower setting (e.g. 1024x768 or even lower).