Please note that in-game console commands are not supported by Activision(R).
This update for Doom 3 addresses issues found in multiplayer and single player since release. A complete list of what we have fixed
and added is below. For future releases and more information about the game, please visit our web site: http://www.doom3.com
For additional technical help with Doom 3, please see the Help system that came with the game, or visit our web site:
A few notes about Vista:
We've tested Doom 3 and Quake 4 to run fine on Windows Vista, provided you have an OpenGL ICD installed (provided by your GPU vendor).
Both NVidia and AMD/ATI have released an OpenGL ICD in their latest driver line.
If no OpenGL ICD is present, the default OpenGL driver is a wrapper to D3D provided by Microsoft, which lacks the necessary features
to run id games with their full performance and graphical impact.
The install CDs (and DVDs) for Doom 3 and Quake 4 will install the game fine under Vista. The Quake 4 installer may require you to
install Flash Player first, and Vista may pop occasional warning windows but in the end you will get a working installation.
NOTES FOR MOD USERS:
- It is recommended that any user modifications that have been installed to the Doom3 directory be removed before installing this
update. These modifications are not supported by Activision and may not be compatible with some of the new features that are included.
NOTE FOR SINGLE PLAYER SAVED GAMES:
- Using this update will reset your progress in whatever map you are currently saved in. When loading a saved game, the player starts
at the begining of that map with their inventory intact.
- Using this update will reset the Nightmare skill setting. If you are playing in Nightmare mode before applying the 1.3 update, you
will need to re-enable it in the console (g_nightmare 1). After enabling it in the console, the game must be relaunched in order for
nightmare mode to show up as a selectable option.
NOTE FOR WIN32 DEDICATED SERVER EXECUTABLE
- Also included in the 1.3 update is a Win32 dedicated server executable. This allows servers to be run under Win32 without a CD
Check. You can launch this with command line options or configure it through the console once launched. Just launch "Doom3Ded.exe".
Fixes & Updates in 1.3.1:
- Tested and improved Vista compatibility
- Fix a potential crash in physics
- Fix an issue with pak downloaded being immediately appended without filesystem restart
- Fixes to DNS lookup, reduced the stalls
- Updated the code to gcc 4.0 compliance, for Mac OSX universal binaries and GNU/Linux x86 binaries
- Threading implementation for Mac and Linux is more compliant with the Win32 behaviours
- Fix Alsa sound backend (Linux)
- Fixes to tty code (Linux)
Fixes for modding/SDK:
- Fix RevBitFieldSwap issue (affected only big endian platforms)
- Fix ReadBindFromSnapshot
- Verbose overflow check in idBitMsg::WriteBits and apply related fixes
- Fix a GetFileList issue
- Expose key states and button states to the game
- Pass lastPredictFrame to the game (client prediction)
- Pass HandleMainMenuCommands to the game
- Pass the GUID to the game (in ClientConnect call)
- Allow game to override gui load menu
Fixes & Updates in 1.3:
- PunkBuster(TM) support has been added.
- EAX(R) ADVANCED HD(TM) support in the sound engine contributed by Creative Labs(R). Doom 3 base game comes with room reverb data.
- To utilize EAX(R) ADVANCED HD(TM) in Doom 3, you must have 100% EAX 4.0 compatible sound card. Please refer to your sound card
manufacturer for details on whether or not your sound card supports EAX 4.0.
- Sound Blaster(R) Audigy(R) 2 users who wish to utilize the new EAX 4.0 feature in Doom 3 should download the latest Creative Beta
Drivers for the card released on April 5th, 2005. Not using these drivers may result in game instability while using EAX 4.0.
- Server provides .pk4 file download URLs (http/ftp), client has internal download.
- New class of .pk4 files: 'addon paks' are only referenced when the map is loaded in.
- .pk4 downloads and addon paks come with a number of fixes to the 'pure server mode' filesystem code.
- Fixed ragdoll bounciness.
- Fixed how Doom 3 detects LAN client vs. Internet clients.
- LZW compression of render demos.
- Fixed command line parameter passing.
- Added a QuakeIII-style graph of the connection quality for network clients
defaults off, enable with net_clientLagOMeter 1
displays a graph of how much the client predicts ahead of the server
note that you can change the minimum predict ahead of a client by setting net_clientPrediction
Changes relevant to mod developers (SDK):
- Added UploadImage to idRenderSystem interface. This lets the user blit images to the renderer.
- Supports fs_game_base; this lets you base a mod off base game + d3xp + your own content.
- Most of the download redirection is handled in the game code, and can be extended.
- ALSA device opened non-blocking to avoid hangs.