If your PC is connected to the Internet when you launch Ghost Recon Future Soldier, an auto downloader will pop up to inform you that a game update is available for you to download and install.
This day-one update was designed to optimize your experience with Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Installing this update is highly recommended and will be compulsory soon.
You can also manually install the patches
• • Improved stability in online multiplayer matches;
• • Improved voice chat quality for PCs running Windows Vista;
• • Improved navigation through game’s menus.
The PC day-one update also includes the improvements from the latest title update for the console version:
• • Introduced 6-man party system in the multiplayer game mode;
• • Balanced several weapons (assault rifles, SMSGs, handguns, shotguns);
• • Balanced equipment (grenades, flash bang, EMP, stun guns, number of drones in match);
• • Adjusted aim sensitivity and quick scope;
• • Fixed map exploits;
• • Adjusted melee;
• • Adjusted XP values;
• • Several technical / network improvements.
Note that you need to install both patches successively (1.1 then 1.2)