Microsoft has released a new trailer for the Windows Vista version of Halo 2. The game has been delayed and we are currently await a final release date from Microsoft. Optimized for the advanced gaming features in Windows Vista, Halo 2 promises to revolutionize the first-person shooter experience for Windows gamers, as it did for consoles. With its classic story, enhanced visual presentation, multiplayer excitement and all-new Map Editor, Halo 2 for Windows Vista offers more new content and game customization than ever before.
Windows Vista gamers will be able to experience the epic story of Halo 2 as Master Chief delves further into the mystery of the Covenant in the aftermath of Halo's destruction. What he discovers will soon threaten the fate not only of Earth, but of the Universe itself.
- Epic narrative. The saga continues with Halo 2, the international award-winning sequel to the highly successful and critically acclaimed Halo: Combat Evolved. In this sequel, the battle comes to Earth, and Master Chief, a genetically enhanced super soldier, is the only thing standing between the relentless alien Covenant and the destruction of all humankind.
- Exciting single-player gameplay. Experience firsthand the epic struggle between Master Chief and the Covenant armada. Brandish dual-wield weapons and Covenant arms, while piloting human and non-human vehicles and aircraft to battle intelligent AI alien enemies.
- Unmatched online gaming. Halo 2 for Windows Vista will tap into the power of Games for Windows - LIVE to deliver online matchmaking for its Gold account members. The service will enable Windows Vista gamers around the globe to connect via their PCs and play in an innovative and competitive online forum.
- New multiplayer Map Editor. The game will also feature the all-new Map Editor, guaranteeing new fan-generated content in the future. The Halo 2 community will be able to tap their endless creative potential to develop an unlimited number of user-created multiplayer levels.
- Never-before-seen content. Inspired by their favorite portions of the original Halo 2 for the Xbox, Hired Gun has included two new multiplayer maps, District and Uplift, which can only be found on Halo 2 for Windows Vista.
- Complete community freedom. Halo 2 for Windows Vista offers gamers the freedom to host their own dedicated servers for maximum multiplayer action.
- Superior presentation and cinematic excellence. Bring the vast, imaginative world of Halo 2 to life on the Windows Vista platform through higher-resolution textures and improved lighting effects. Experience the unmatched cinematic quality of Halo 2 through the power of Windows Vista.
- Technological simplicity. Until now, Windows gamers had to install each game completely to their hard drive before playing, taking more than an hour in some cases. Halo 2 for Windows Vista utilizes new Tray and Play technology, allowing gamers to put in the game disc and be on the battlefield in minutes. The game loads as you play - just like on the Xbox 360.
- Unprecedented pedigree. The Halo franchise is one of the best-selling, most monumental entertainment experiences in history with more than 14.7 million units sold worldwide, more than 18 game-of-the-year awards, and 800 million hours and 500 million matches logged over Xbox LIVE®. "Halo 2" was also one of the most successful entertainment launches of all time - including books, films, graphic novels, games and music. Halo 2 for Windows Vista brings this incredible experience to Windows Vista gamers everywhere.