Capcom has released some new footage of the multiplayer action in its X360 title, Lost Planet.
In Lost Planet, human snow pirates navigate VS (Vital Suits) through hostile ice-covered environments, fighting against the indigenous Akrid creatures for the precious thermal energy they need to survive. For one such pilot named Wayne, death almost seemed imminent until he was fortunately rescued. However, he can only remember a few fragments of his past including the slaying of his father by the monstrous beings. Yet under the veil of ice, a devious plan has been set into motion for the termination of all Akrid and snow pirates alike. What really happened to Wayne? Who is plotting the destructive scheme? Encounter valuable allies and dangerous enemies on Wayne's search for the truth.
Taking full advantage of Xbox 360's power, Lost Planet will use advanced light sourcing to ensure a realistic presentation. Enormous world maps unfold as players battle the menacing creatures during blistering weather conditions throughout vast snow fields and deserted cities on foot or with armed vehicles. Fostering a real-time loading system, players can expect a seamless experience that leaves them completely immersed. Multiplayer modes add to the value of Lost Planet by allowing players to partake in intense team battles via Xbox Live® online game service. Expanding the Lost Planet world beyond the home, the mobile phone edition will feature a storyline that complements Xbox 360's version, downloadable content, multiplayer options and original gameplay mechanics.
Lost Planet for Xbox 360 boasts the following features -
- Frenetic action - Lost Planet is a fast-paced third-person shooter with all the depth, intrigue and intensity of a science fiction classic.
- Xbox Live enabled - Experience an array of gameplay possibilities with downloadable content, online cooperative and versus battles.
- Vehicle based gameplay - Command highly powered armed vehicles and weapons not only to help players traverse the treacherous terrain, but to eliminate the terrifying enemies that threaten their survival. Or, strategically switch from vehicles to on-foot gameplay as dictated by the situation
- Vast arctic environments - Snowstorms, arctic winds, and towering mountains of ice are all stunningly realized, creating a truly immersive and cinematic event of epic proportions.
- A premier team of developers - The creators of the critically acclaimed Onimusha and Devil May Cry series have come together to create the expansive world of Lost Planet.