Pandora's stunning beauty opened many doors but curiosity led to her opening her gift box. Microsoft has laid upon us its very own gift Box and in many ways Unreal Championship is the key that will open it up, let's hope gamers survive.
Unreal Championship is a smart move, as we have come to expect, from Microsoft. Based on an extremely successful series of games, it will be one of the first titles to launch the XBox and gamers into broadband, multi-player heaven.
To view the Unreal Championship trailer press the download tab above.
To view all available screenshots press the Screens tab above.
Introducing Unreal Championship
Developed by Digital Extremes, Unreal Championship is an upcoming first-person action game built from the ground up exclusively for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft, utilizing the latest Unreal technology by Epic Games.
Unreal Championship combines a brilliant single player experience with an unparalleled multi-player component.
Additional features include all new characters and weapons; land, air and team-based vehicles; exotic levels and environments as well as new game modes and some old favorites.
Players will be able to play through a series of matches in the single player mode against computer-controlled opponents (bots) or play online against human-controlled opponents. Both single-player and online aspects of the game will be rich with content and gameplay options giving the player a wide range of first person action experiences.
Designing the First-Person Shooter for Console
Unreal Championship is carefully being developed by Digital Extremes to provide console gamers with an adrenaline packed first-person action experience designed specifically for Xbox and Xbox controller, including jump and speed pads, double jump, weapon auto-aim, a high performance frame rate (60 FPS), unlockable features, and more to keep your appetite at its peak.
Bringing Unreal Championship to life
Unreal Championship will contain all new individualized characters who have their own abilities and origins, over 25 exotic indoor and outdoor locales, out of the box Internet play with up to 32 players online, 4-player split screen, system link capability, exciting gameplay modes, land and air vehicles, new and returning weapons, and a package of power-ups that will make you giddy with glee.
Follow the link below and to the right to find out how the Unreal Championship engine has been improved and how multi-player Internet gameplay becomes an XBox reality...
[[The Engine and the Internet]]
With the addition of terrain technology to the Unreal engine, this title will feature over 30 brand new exotic indoor and outdoor locales. Utilizing the XBox's enhanced capabilities and using the Unreal engine, environments will feature such jawdropping effects as volumetrically lit wind-affected smoke, particle effects allowing sparks to bounce off individual branches on a tree and fog that actually moves when solid objects pass through it.
Other promising features include brand new highly individualized characters with high polygon counts and high resolution textures. In addition, characters will have specific animations and individual background profiles.
The game will also feature Internet play with up to 32 players online simultaneously, up to 4-player split-screen and system link play. Unreal Championship for XBox will be available in most U.S. retail stores in Spring 2002.
- Highly individualized characters From alien races and nightmarish demons to the armor clad Juggernauts, choose from over 25, all new, highly detailed characters! Complete with their own specific abilities and origins!
- Exotic indoor and outdoor locales Dense jungles, bitterly cold frozen landscapes to hi-tech space stations and Industrial plants, you'll have over 25 detailed locations to wreak havoc!
- Multiplayer You've honed your skills through the intense single player experience, mastered the special moves and learned all the level specific secrets, now it's time to test your mettle. Whether you choose the out of the box Internet play with voice communication or split-screen multiplayer, you'll never have to play alone again.
- Exciting gameplay modes:
- Death Match (DM)
- Capture the Flag (CTF)
- Domination 2.0 (DOM)
- Bombing Run (BR) and more!
- Intense Action Whether on foot or traveling by the land or air-based vehicles, race through the outdoor terrain destroying everything in your path or pick up a teammate for an offensive crushing of the opposing team!
- Firepower Annihilate your opponents with a large array of destructive weaponry, ranging from the fragment-flinging Flak Cannon to the brutal destructive power that is the Rocket Launcher.
- System link capability Invite your friends over and Link up multiple Xbox video game systems for the ultimate LAN party!
- Voice communication Gone are the days of needing a Keyboard to talk to your teammates, now you can give and take orders or gloat over your victory, all with real-time voice communication!
- Incredible Visuals With the muscle of the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and the power and flexibility of the latest Unreal Technology from Epic Games modified by the creative minds of Digital Extremes, you can expect jaw-dropping audio and visual effects. With spectacular lighting, realistically moving smoke and explosions, amazing weapon and explosion sound effects, your TV has never looked or sounded so good.