Bik is a retro-style adventure game that takes inspiration from classic point-and-click adventure games like King’s Quest, Space Quest, Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, Full Throttle, The Dig, The Longest Journey, and the list goes on. Bik’s pixel-art graphics capture the classic adventure game look and feel while the soundtrack, composed with modern music synthesizers, adds a new level of depth to the experience. The game is being built in Unity3D using a custom-made 2-D adventure framework.
In Bik, we follow a young boy who is abducted by aliens while on a camping trip with his friends. After joining forces with two friendly alien mercenaries, Ammut and Tatenen, Bik escapes from his abductors and tries to find his way home. Along the way, Bik and his newfound friends outsmart hijackers, (eat some brownies), accept a perilous mission to find a missing alien, (make some sandwiches), foil a dastardly plot by an evil corporate empire, (argue with disgruntled robots), and save a planet on the brink of destruction.
Things to do in Bik:
• Point and click (or touch) your way through deeply atmospheric environments.
• Become absorbed in the world through an enthralling original soundtrack.
• Control multiple characters and see the story from different perspectives.
• Enjoy story-driven, thoughtfully crafted puzzles.
• Get abducted by aliens!
• Fire a laser gun!
• Befriend alien races and join them on adventures in space!
• Join a mercenary crew aboard a space freighter!
• And much more!