- Use the game's speed settings to adjust plant growth to fit your schedule.
- Use the fast game speed only when you are actively playing or can check on your plants frequently, and pause the game if you will be away from it for more than a day. On fast speed, plants will be fully mature and ready for pollination in less than 1 hour. The game's beginning soil is suitable only for the common plants.
- Cross-pollinating different species produces increasingly valuable, but more
- Better soil will be required to support the more expensive and fragile
hybrids. When you upgrade your soil, the benefit to your plants is
- If your plants are steadily losing health, they are too fragile for the
soil they are planted in. Try growing common plants until you can upgrade
- If you forget which seed you planted in a pot, double click the pot to
produce an image of the seed that was planted there.
- Breed and sell plants to build your cash, so that you can buy improvements
from the Gardening Supplies shop.
- Pruning can improve a plant's health and value, as well as make it sell
faster. Removing dead leaves, revealing obscured flowers and improving
a plant's shape all require pruning. Be careful, though, since pruning
cannot be undone.
- Infested plants cannot be pollinated, and they may be damaged if the
infestation goes untreated for very long. Infested plants should be
treated promptly. Seeds in the Gardening Supplies shop are restocked
and/or replaced every 24 hours.
- Magic Plants are found in several tiers of rarity. When you discover a
Magic Plant, a popup message will appear that describes the plant's
special properties. Your newly discovered Magic Plant will also be
displayed in a golden pot in your nursery.
- Using chemicals, especially Mutation Liquid, can speed up your breeding
- If a pollinated plant dies, you may still be able to harvest its seeds.
- Clicking on the faucet on the Main screen (greenhouse) produces random,
helpful tips for success in the game.
- You can determine how well you have priced your plants by how quickly
they are selling. If they are selling rapidly, you should increase the
price. If sales are slow, try reducing the price.
- Plants will sell faster and command higher prices in an improved nursery.
- The variety of plants that you have for sale in your nursery does not
affect the rate of sales, but plants will sell faster if you have a lot
of plants for sale.
- Upgraded nets make catching insects easier. Insect collecting is an
optional part of the game.
The starting soil is suitable only for the common plants. You will need
better soil to grow more expensive and fragile hybrids. If your plants are
steadily losing health, they are too fragile for the soil they are planted
in. Only grow common plants until your soil is upgraded.
Learning seed type:
Double Click a pot to see an image of the seed that was planted there.
Left Click the faucet on the main greenhouse screen for random tips.
You can price your plants by seeing how quickly they are selling. If they are
selling fast, increase the price. If sales are slow, lower the price.
Note: Plants will sell faster and have higher prices in an improved nursery.
The variety of plants that you have for sale does not affect the rate of
sales, however plants will sell faster if you have a lot of them for sale.
How to start
The best way I start off with is I water the first 4 plants and then soak all the soil and then plant the first 4 plant in your invitory and then the other 4 from the Seed Box. Then you still have $250 so now you go to the Supplies and then buy 1 uncommon seed of your choice. Plant it and breed it, feed it lots of Plant Food. Then use your Insta-Grow VapourBomb 2 times, then keep using the Insta-Grow on the uncommon plant until it's mature. Pollinate it and take the seeds until it is Depleted. Then keep selling the seeds that it gave you and keep selling to get money.
Plant Tycoon Seed Catalog:
Seeds shown are foliage types divided into “Tiers” based on their availability
and viability. For each seed type, there are flower types that are also divided
into 'Tiers'. The viability of the plant depends on the tiers of both the foliage and flowers.
- Tier 1 foliage and flowers can be found in the starter plants, seeds, and common seeds in the Supply Store. They will survive in all soil levels.
- Tier 2 foliage and flowers can initially be bred from Tier 1 foliage and flowers. They can also be found in the endangered seeds in the Supply Store. They will survive best in upgraded soil, but with TLC can survive for some breeding programs at the basic soil level.
- Tier 3 foliage and flowers can initially be bred from cross-pollinating Tier 1
and Tier 2 foliage and flowers. They can also be found in the endangered and
extinct seeds in the Supply Store. They will survive only in the best soil,
but with TLC some can survive for some breeding programs at the first upgraded soil level. Cross-pollinating Tier 3 plants with other Tier 3 plants, or combinations of Tier 1, 2 and 3 foliage and flowers may result in new and exciting species for you to discover.
- Tier 4 foliage and flowers are extremely rare! They can not be initially bred
from cross-pollinating, but special chemicals are needed to find them. However,they can also be found in the extinct seeds in the Supply Store.
They will survive only in the best soil, and are not known to be able to survive in the lower grade soils.
6 magic plants:
Here are the 6 magic plants in plant tycoon,
1. fourpetal maple
2. rosaceae fern
3. nox orchid
4. fabled lemonbush
5. mela rare oak
6. aureus scandens
Because this game is done in real time. If you move you computer clock ahead, you will reduce the growth time of you plants.
So, first start the game (it has to be a new game). When it asks you if you want help, click yes. Then follow the instructions till you get to the one that says, "One of your plants has produced seeds! The seed appears in the seed area..." and so on. Then collect the seeds and then hit the "replay tutorial instruction" (at the top of the screen) and you get extra seeds even though the plant was depleted. Collect those seeds and hit the "replay tutorial instruction" again and you get more seeds. Continue doing this till you have enough to buy the blue soil, yellow soil, blue water, yellow water, seed tray 2, seed tray 3, blue net, yellow net and anything else you want.
Tips and Tricks:
If you want to see all the plants in the game, make an Excel sheet that has three tables.
1: first part of plant name down and across. In the fields put in what is the
2: second part of plant name down and across. Put in the result type.
3: first name down, second name across. Checklist if you have seen a certain type of plant.
To clarify: I cross-breed a Citrus Maranta and a Fragrant Lemonbush. I put the resultin Citrus column and Fragrant line. Result was Aureus. Then, on second table, I put the result in Maranta column and Lemonbush line. Result was Fanleaf. Now I see if I breed those two, the result is Aureus Fanleaf. I mark that up in the 3rd table, X in the Aureus column Fanleaf line. Later on it's easy to breed the plants you want.
Cheat will give you 50 dollars every time you use it. On the main page type moola.
How to make sure you have enough seeds in the game:
You needd to put at anytime you want after you start breeding (i suggest right away!) put at least four or more seeds in your inventory and dont use them unless you can replace them or if you have to because all your plants died and you dont have any seeds. (this will help save progress from being lost in a new game!)
Cheat - 65k start money:
1.)Start new game.
2.)Pause time and quit game ->game is saved automatically
3.)Open a Hex-Editor
4.)Search savegames, they are located in "Eigene DateienLDWPlant Tycoon"
5.)Open the latest "-.ldw"-file with the Hex-Editor
6.)Replace at OFFSET 0x02180 the first 4 with "FFFF"
7.)Save it, relaunch Plant Tycoon and enjoy :-)
Your plants can fast growing. You only need to change the computer clock so many later, how you want to have faster the plants in growing.
Immediately after you start breeding, put at least four or more seeds in your inventory. Do not use them unless you can replace them, or if you are forced to because all your plants died. This will help save your progress from being lost in a new game.