Platinum Arts Sandbox is Educational Software that enables kids to design their own 3D worlds quickly and easily. Through the program kids can make their own mazes, castles, forts, cities, etc in minutes. Kids are also a part of the world when they are creating it, so they can watch the results of their changes as they are happening. The main mission of the project will be to add more features and ways for the children to add their own custom content and to make it as easy as possible for them to do so. Also Platinum Arts will be providing custom content such as mazes, playgrounds, forts, jumping levels, forests and natural terrains to explore, etc.
The project is to remain open source and free so that developers and kids can help add new content and features to help make Platinum Arts Sandbox the most fun and easy world creation tool possible. Platinum Arts Sandbox will be easy enough for kids to use but also powerful enough for full game projects.
Main Feature List:
- The ability to map edit in game in real time and cooperatively with other people.
- The ability to immediately play with and interact with map editing changes
- Several custom maps that will feature slides, jumping levels, mazes, amusement park rides, etc
- The pursuit of making it as easy as possible to add map features and content. Also the addition of new entities to add even more features and capabilities
Changes in 2.2:
* New in game tutorial!
* New Maps - Save The Princess (3D Platformer with speed boost power ups!), Forest
* New Quests - Apple Picking on Village, and rescuing the princess on Save The Princess
* New Cloud Options - Now clouds can be added that scroll above the landscape! Height can even be adjusted. Also the Skybox can rotate making the clouds appear to move.
* New easy to use Sandbox launcher thanks to James "ZKAT8IT" Burns
* New Characters can be added - Now characters and animals such as bears can be added!
* Numerous menu changes and enhancements - Menus have been tweaked to improve ease of use and they can also be customized for color, font, etc.
* Basic Multilingual Support
* Available now in English, Dutch (thanks Ben 'gamshobny' Tilma!), and Swedish (thanks Lucas OrsvÃ¤rn!).
* Editing made even easier!! Can change flying speed by using + and - keys!
* Many Graphical Enhancements - Many map updates, nicer looking waterfalls, rain, scrolling clouds, some redone textures, etc.
* Numerous bug fixes and features added "under the hood".
* Improved Jukebox and Musicpack implementation
* New Music and a lilypad model!
* And MANY more! (really there are lots!!)