Warsow is set in a futuristic cartoonish world where rocketlauncher-wielding pigs and lasergun-carrying cyberpunks roam the streets. It is a completely free, fast-paced first-person shooter for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
Speed and movement is what Warsow is all about. Like a true cyberathlete you jump, dash, dodge, and walljump your way through the game. Grab power-ups before your enemy does, plant a bomb before anyone sees you, and steal the enemy’s flag before they know what is going on!
Our goal is to offer a fast and fun competitive first-person shooter without hard graphical violence - Warsow has no blood or guts flying around. Red stars instead of blood indicate hits and colored cubes replace guts as gib effects.
We also put great emphasis on extreme customazibility and e-sports features for players and also for enthusiast modders. Here's some sweet things:
• Open source engine - freedom to make complete gameplay mods.
• Freedom to run your own servers (ranked servers will need server key, which we provide for free upon request!)
• Flexible HUD scripting engine for customizing your HUD.
• Powerful "e-sports"- features like Warsow TV with OGG audio stream support for providing improved streaming capabilities.
• Highly customizable graphic settings.
• Global stats and match result saving for following your matches.
• Warsow will always remain free to play game.