A year and a half ago Max Payne 3 and its Fall 2009 release date were revealed through the cover story of Game Informer. Fast forward to Fall 2010, the game hasn't been released yet and new evidence point out that it is at least a year away from release.
As part of their end of the year financial reports, Take-Two revealed its release schedule for 2011 and early 2012. Max Payne 3 was not mentioned in the schedule even though a Take-Two representative has confirmed that they "are still working hard on Max, and we'll have more news in the coming months."
Take-Two's announced release schedule is as follows:
- L.A. Noire (Xbox 360, PS3): Spring 2011
- Top Spin 4 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii): Fiscal Q4 2011
- Major League Baseball 2K11 (Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, PC): Fiscal Q4 2011
- Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Calendar Year 2011 (yes, really)
- Spec Ops: The Line (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Fiscal Year 2012
- XCOM (Xbox 360, PC): Fiscal Year 2012
- BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Calendar Year 2012