Amazons Total War 7.0 allows the player to explore many modern military concepts on the battlefields of antiquity.
- Mobility and Stand-off Weapon capability using various women cavalry units.
- Deploying Area Denial "minefield" on the battlefield using field engineers.
- Wagon fighting units with battle tactics not unlike German Panzer in WWII.
- Guerrilla Warfare, allowing agent to infiltrate enemy territory to raise army deep behind the enemy line.
- Long Range Mobile Artillery, allowing artillery barrage, fire-support, and counter-battery
- Linked Armor-Clad Cavalry, a dominating cavalry formation for centuries in Eurasia, never before depicted by any video game.
- Terrifying Super-heating Incendiary Weapons, in modern day military parlance AKA the thermite munition.
Other Highlight of 7.0 Series
- New extended campaign map, now from British Isle to Afganistan.
- New Far Eastern Celt faction, based on latest archaeological finding and anthropological theories.
- Newly re-balanced Amazon Advanced Units.
- New longbow 4 horses chariots units.
- Custom RS II battle environment with lush scenery.
- Quest based game play, a player's faction can not attain higher cultural level without certain quest objective being met.
- Balance Unit Modeling, capability as well as animation appearance of a unit should have direct relation with the cost and the infrastructure of where the unit is raised.
- Four turns per year play.
WARNING : MATURE PLAYERS ONLY
Once again, this mod contains some female nudity in the depiction of conflicts in antiquity, so if there is any reason the law of your locality prohibits you from viewing such content (for example, if you are under the age of 18 in most areas), please do not access the download.
By either downloading or installing this mod's compressed file, the user who performed the download/installation acknowledges that he (or she) is legal to view such content and he or she is solely responsible for the use as well as the consequences of the use of this mod.
Keeping the aforementioned prerequisite in mind, Please do not pass along or forward link to the download file without this warning be shown. And while playing multi-player online, please be mindful of the opponent's age or sensitivity, as each player is solely responsible for the unit he or she selected to play.
You can download 7.0A release [here] and alternative download [here] and second alternative download [here].
You need 7zip utility to uncompress the file. Due to increase in complexity, it is recommended the system has a minimum of 4GB RAM to have more trouble free gaming experience. You also need Rome Total War/Barbarian Invasion 1.6 (or Rome Total War Gold Edition) in its vanilla form.
The original Whitepaper is published [here]
For the weapon description, you can read them [here].
For the factional background of the game, you can read more detail [here].
For the Balanced Unit Modeling Concept, or B.U.M., you can read more [here].
You can follow the Amazons Total War on twitter @amazonstw
Link to 6.0 series video [here]
As of February 1st, 2013 - 7.0A, the first post beta release is out
- Now the AI awards title to Amazon Generals when the quest is accomplished, per Uthril's suggestion.
As of January 30th, 2013 - re-balancing the Seleucid and Parthia factions - make elephant resources available at more locations - Western Celts is re-configured, the military strength is reduced in British Isle, and more wagons added to wandering Celtic armies in Austria. - The Celtic/Gaul/German "Prison Stripe Pant"s have been swapped out for something more leathery and utilitarian. - German unit color has been adjusted to be all dark red. while Amazonia is bright red, and Armenian pinkish red. - Heavy Peltast units are re-textured and re-animated to be lighter equipped and faster moving - New agent recruit panel card. - Corrected one missing general image problem - Added Legion cohort unit to the Ptolemaic (Greco-Egyptian) faction - Corrected Sarmatian first quest bug. - New Greek Rebel standards - New Thermodon Amazonia lesser general strat-map animation - New Sarmatian script, Sarmatian starting configuration, and cost configuration - New generalized "Marian Reform" script to allow a player faction with higher cultural level to recruit advanced units in any major locations, not just the Quest locations. - New quad horse team textures for chariots and wagons are now made into faction specific apperances. - New cataphract horse textures. - New text update As of January 23rd, 2013
We are onto 8th beta update: - switched over to FileSwap as main server, derived from naftykid's suggestion to use mediafire. - Corrected Armenia Horde issue as reported by Balgeron - Corrected property description in read-me file stating -mod:AmazonsTW- Recalesced -show_err where as it should be -mod:AmazonsTW-Recalesced -show_err, i.e. no space, as reported by Allypup - corrected City Map problems as reported by naftykid. - re-arranged load screen to removed redundant pictures to save memory. - changed recruit time for advanced units to make longer to recruit certain units. - corrected missing unit card issues for horde wagons. - new Roman Carriage Ballista animation to use faster horses. - corrected script issue which was auto-generated but has serious problem with quests for Libyans and Carthage. - removed "halo" from many named character pictures. - added real-time re-entrant quest completion check, not just at the beginning of the script. - added Cataphract Lancer for Seleucid, Armenia, Parthia, and Far Eastern Celt. The lancer carries no sword but has a shield, this simplifies recruitment cost and training. - corrected one missing unit card problem for Far Eastern Celt. - Beefed up Rebel/Renegade to make some of the renegade provinces not so easy to take over. - Revised horse-breeding as a strategic asset, and as such, many units, such as the cataphract, heavy cavalry, and fast horse units can not be recruited unless the region has horse breeding business, or if the faction has achieved very high cultural development. - Added horse-breeding resources to more regions, such as Chorasmia, North Africa, Northern Saudi Arabia, and Armenian Plains. - New Numidian Cavalry animation, now the unit can be recruited by both Roman and Carthaginian. - Re-configured mercenary unit availability per regions. Now the choices of mercenary is 150% more than before.
As of January 7th, 2013
Amazons:Total War 7.0 Beta has been released