Square Enix today announced a new agreement with strategy game specialist Wargaming.net to publish a brand new IP set during World War II. ORDER OF WAR will be released on Windows PC across all PAL territories in Autumn 2009.
ORDER OF WAR will feature massive scale battles brought to life with a cinematic intensity never seen before in a WWII strategy game. Players will take command of an entire army including ground troops, artillery, tank divisions and aircraft in all out strategic assaults. The single-player mode can be played out in two campaigns - American versus German forces on the western front and German versus Russian on the eastern front - missions will be based on key historic events and operations from 1944.
ORDER OF WAR will be Square Enix's first release of a western developed game outside of Japan, and one which will see the company release the title simultaneously across multiple territories.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, "ORDER OF WAR offers Square Enix an exciting opportunity to enter this hugely popular genre, and is a strong proposition for our first western developed release. With its cinematic intensity, hugely realistic battles and historical accuracy, the game looks set to whet the appetite of any war gaming fan."
About ORDER OF WAR
In the summer of 1944, the Second World War entered its end-game when the Allies launched two major operations that would drive back German forces on both the Western and Eastern Fronts at once.
In the ultimate test of military strategy, ORDER OF WAR will challenge you not only to lead America's finest to victory in the West, but also place you in command of German forces charged with repelling the Red Army's seemingly unstoppable offensive in the East.
Even the keenest military minds will find that it's one thing to make history, but quite another to change it.
Do you have what it takes to command?
• Experience WWII warfare on an epic, cinematic stage; that truly captures the intensity and scale of the battlefield.
• Take Command of an entire armoured force consisting of up to 1,000 soldiers, tank divisions, armoured vehicles, artillery and air force.
• Players can choose between two different campaign modes offering completely different storylines, missions, objectives and environments.
• Experience the unique dynamic camera that allows players to command troops over huge geographical scale whilst maintaining movie-like vistas and detail.
• In-depth gameplay modes - two different campaign modes, multi-player, Deathmatch and Skirmish'.