Titanfall may have struggled a little after its initial avalanche of praise and purchases, with game modes being scrapped because they were entirely unpopular, but that doesn't mean the developers aren't holding out hope for a revival. In the latest patch were some hidden references to game modes currently not found in the game. Whether they're coming tomorrow or in six months we don't know, but they do offer some potential insight into its development direction.
Discovered by NeoGAF user RazorUK, the following game modes could show up in the game at some point:
- Wingman Last Titan Standing: last team with Titans standing wins
- Marked for Death: Kill the marked pilot
- Titan Tag: There's no description for this one, but it seems obvious what it will be
- Capture the Titan: Capture the Titan and bring it to your home base
- Bodyguard: Some kind of Titan escort mission
- Big Brother: Attack and defend the control panel
One of those game modes (Marked for Death) was added to the game with this most recent of releases and it's expected that Wingman Last Titan Standing will be the next one to appear. However the other game modes have not been confirmed by Respawn and could be either false or in-development for far future releases.
For now we don't have the full story, but we do know that Titanfall isn't done yet.
What do you guys think of these game modes? Would any of them make you step back into your Titan for a few more rounds?
Image Source: Bago games